Kids Render Thread

ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
edited December 1969 in The Commons

We used to have one of these; I think it's about time we did again. ;) All kid figures--Preschool and Preteen Boy and Girl, Matt and Maddie, Ben and Kate, K4, scaled down M4 and V4, Genesis kids, whatever--are welcome! :) Here's one I recently did with a 16-year-old M4, 14-year-old V4, nine-year-old K4, and infant K4 to celebrate the fact that Poser supports single-axis scaling now. The statue in the background is default M4, for reference.

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

Hey!! What a good idea!! You're 9yr old looks awesome btw! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

Of course kids make darling little fairies and elves.

mushrooms_10_copy.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 459K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jasmine! :) And beautiful render, Chohole. :)

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited September 2012

Here are a couple I did with K4 and a bit of postwork. Concept art for a picture book I'm working on (Not Just Annie's Story).

Plenty of other DAZ products used in these images too.

One image removed by moderator due to size breaking page format.

Untitled14a.png
    1600 x 1633 - 790K
    Untitled20.png
    1800 x 1800 - 3M
    Post edited by Romancefantasy on
  • fabi_01fabi_01 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Of course kids make darling little fairies and elves.

nice scene in a fairytale!

edited December 1969

like in the old days ...

fabi_01-oldtimes007.jpg
    1157 x 916 - 222K
    fabi_01-oldtimes005.jpg
    1157 x 916 - 249K
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited September 2012

And sadly, kids always have to face back to school.

Hmm. Didn't notice his right ankle has gone naf.

n501Wagon.jpg
    500 x 500 - 180K
    Post edited by Torby on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited September 2012

Well, as I demonstrated in the Genesis Teens thread, Stephanie 5, like Stephanie 4 makes an amazing young girl! I can only imagine how much making kids in Genesis will be enhanced once Thorne's shapes are released... :)

Anna_Nymph.jpg
    600 x 600 - 276K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Yay, this thread lives again! :) Great new renders, everyone! And for the first time since I was five I am not facing back to school! :D

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

I watch a lot of cartoons. *smile* Doc McStuffins

thedocisin.jpg
    1500 x 1009 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Since the last time I watched cartoons (with the exception of The Clone Wars [which I watch through Netflix] and My Little Pony [which I watch online]) was about seven years ago, I don't get the references--but the image is cute. :)

• edited December 1969

Does this mean we can finally use the toddler morph in Poser? Looks like I need to start doing renders!

edited December 1969

Does this mean we can finally use the toddler morph in Poser? Looks like I need to start doing renders!

Yes, as of Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 SR3, Poser supports single-axis scaling! :D And yes, yes you do need to get rendering again; I've missed your renders. :)
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited September 2012

It was a nice warm September weekend right after the first week of restarting high school. Lucas arrived at his city's local park and went right to the tree where him and his girl, Lauren, spent the day right before she left to travel with her family for the summer. The young, handsome jock patiently stands there with loyalty, awaiting her arrival so the two can anticipate what teenage wounders wait them this school year...

High_School_Boy.jpg
    594 x 696 - 257K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

sometimes it doesn't pay to explore...

Genesis basic child with a few other bits thrown in with aquatic by Blondie
    still darker than I like though...

swimming_for_life_3.jpg
    600 x 900 - 328K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Here's my lil guy... just updated the renders on RC's iconic render thread and thought I'd post them here as well.

Great Renders every one!!

Marcusfinnigon-AvatarV3AS.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 407K
    Tribal_BoyV2a-MarcusfinnigonPostworked.jpg
    1543 x 1869 - 895K
    Spyro-ForumEn1V2Full.jpg
    904 x 2000 - 487K
    edited December 1969

Just a girl :)

Kyra-ForumEn1V2CloseC.jpg
    860 x 976 - 279K
    Kyra-ForumEn1V2FullReSize.jpg
    907 x 2000 - 519K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Here's my lil guy... just updated the renders on RC's iconic render thread and thought I'd post them here as well.

Wow, he looks great! That's Genesis? But he has knees and elbows! :P Seriously, great looking kid. :)
    edited September 2012

Lol that's sweet of you. Thanks very much, that means a lot to me :) yes he's genesis and a rather extensive formula at that haha! I designed him when I was like his age lol he just remained a predominant character in many form of my art. The girl I think I was pushing it posting her here. I intended a more young appearance but she seems a little too mature. But I have yet to add Stephanie 5 and thorne's morphs to her :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Lol that's sweet of you. Thanks very much, that means a lot to me :) yes he's genesis and a rather extensive formula at that haha! I designed him when I was like his age lol he just remained a predominant character in many form of my art. The girl I think I was pushing it posting her here. I intended a more young appearance but she seems a little too mature. But I have yet to add Stephanie 5 and thorne's morphs to her :)

She looks like she could be in her upper teens, but yeah some Stephanie 4 or 5 would definitely make her look younger. It's exciting that both programs are getting more versatile in handling kids who aren't toddlers. :)
    edited December 1969

That's exactly why I love genesis, Genesis is the doorway to many endless possibilities :cheese: Young and old

• edited December 1969

Spyro said:

He does look really good - probably one of the best I've seen for a boy that age range. Keeping my fingers crossed that Genesis will one day soon fully work in Poser.
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

He does look really good - probably one of the best I've seen for a boy that age range. Keeping my fingers crossed that Genesis will one day soon fully work in Poser.
    We've been sort of told it will. But honestly I'd rather stick with Gen4 myself--though I'm very much so looking forward to Tyler. I wish Blackhearted would make a kid. :(
    edited December 1969

Tyler? That an upcoming product is it?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Tyler? That an upcoming product is it?

Yes, it's a Blackhearted morph of Ryan 2--essentially the male equivalent of GND Anastasia. You can see pictures here (right click them and click "Open Image" to see the full-sized images). I don't care for his face, but otherwise he's looking very promising. Hopefully he gets some decent clothing, unlike Anastasia--Anya's a beautiful character, but most of her clothing makes V4's wardrobe look covering. :(
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    sometimes it doesn't pay to explore...

Genesis basic child with a few other bits thrown in with aquatic by Blondie
    still darker than I like though...

Very scary scene. Good work!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

oh dear, on the naughty step again.

the_naughty_step.jpg
    840 x 840 - 445K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    oh dear, on the naughty step again.

Cute! But it makes me miss Super Nanny. :(
  • edited December 1969

I probably have not said how much I love the Happy Kids set. It's a fantastic texture.

Marksman.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Aye, I was ecstatic when Virtual_World released them! BTW, your SSS seems a little overdone--are you using the shader from the set or EZSkin? If you're using EZSkin, try setting the SSS scale a little higher--I find 1.45 is usually pretty good for redheads (who tend to be a little more translucent than others ;) ).