PostgreSQL is really annoying me

LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
edited November 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Today I installed DS 4.9 Beta to run along side 4.8 so I can cointinue to use 4.8.

Every time DS 4.9 is started I get a message telling me that 'A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be establised etc.

Apart from the fact that I never use 'Smart Content' and since DS 4.8 non shows if I load the Smart Content panel,  I have no use for Cloud and can't see that I ever will.  This has never been an issue in 4.8!!!

I use the basic Windows 10 Firewall and Anti-Virus, my network connection is fine.

I've even downloaded and installed the 'PostgreSQL' installation file to see if I can stop this annoying issue.

Is there anyway I can shut the damn thing off!! sadangry

(PS I realise that this might be covered in another forum but I haven't got all day to troll through the multitude of posts that just 'might' be relevant)

Post edited by LeggyBlond on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 3,530

For some reason CMS was not auto starting for me when I first launched the beta.  Once I went to Smart Content and pressed the Start CMS and logged in I didn't have any more problems with CMS auto start with Studio and I don't have to be logged in either.

• jestmart said:

For some reason CMS was not auto starting for me when I first launched the beta.  Once I went to Smart Content and pressed the Start CMS and logged in I didn't have any more problems with CMS auto start with Studio and I don't have to be logged in either.

Sadly that makes no difference at all - I'v even trid changing the CMS in Settings to 'None' which simply reverts back when DS is next started.

I do so wish software designers would just stick to improving the essentials.  I have never had any use for Smart Content as I have multiple runtimes with custom directories.  I also have no use of 'Cloud' as from what I have read that has a sort of mind of it's own and besides, anything 'Cloud' related is I have no use for.  I like to install 'Hands On', I don't store anything on any cloud anywhere not do I wish to.

The next thing will be 'Use Mars' super-duper gas based omnicognick wrangling gizmo as it's all so *^~#% wonderful

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 17,301

How did you install PostgreSQL CMS?  What was the exact file name you installed?

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 17,301

BTW Daz Connect doesn't store anything in the cloud, it installs on your machine.

• How did you install PostgreSQL CMS?  What was the exact file name you installed?

I downloaded via DLM File Name:- IM00018868-02_PostgreSQLCMSWin64bitPublicBuild.  Installation was as per my DS 4.9 install.

Whatever way the net result was no different from what was already happening.

However!!

I had an idea which I have just tried this morning which had a rather surprising result.

I temporarily removed the 'cmscfg.json' file from Daz appdata.
    Started DS 4.9.
    This time I was presented with a login in to my account panel (or work off line).  I logged in and which at first seemed to take a long time then I saw at the bottom that DS was downloading all the Metadata for all my purchased props to the 'cms' folder in

This seems to have solved the problem.

The Smart Content is now jammed full but I don't use it anyway and particularly now as it shows most everything requires downloading which it doesn't, I simply have it all in custom folders in various Runtimes on different Drives.

• i have still the error. when i run DS 4,9 an error appears below, and i write my email and password but login failed error appears. i uninstalled PostgreSQL and reinstall, deleted cmscfg.json file from Daz appdata but still same. please help

daz.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 275K
    daz1.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 242K
  • If PostgreSQL can't communicate with DS and you can't connect to the store that sounds like a firewall or other security software issue (PostgreSQL is not involved in the connection process). What do you use?