re-centering the stage....

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I thought I would pass this along. I found the EASIEST way to re-center the stage. I created a home (the Room Creator) and everything was centered in the middlest part of the house, so I selected EVERYTHING and created a GROUP and moved it all so the living room was the center stage. THAT'S the easiest way to do it. I haven't quite figured out the purpose of a null or it really makes a difference, but select everything and create a group is the easiest way. Everything stays exactly as you created them.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

There never used to be a Group option in DS, I see they have one now in the Create menu. That is why I suggested using a Null, it achieves exactly the same purpose

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

ya,, group is one of good improvements in ds 4.5.

if I make new group for one figure and clothings, I make all node of figure and every clothing turn invisible or rocked
    at once on scene tab. only need just toggle one eye icon, or key icon of group

I could not do before it. it cause many frastration, when make scene with many prop.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, Group should always have been there really, but you could always use a Null, parent everything to the null, and it works in the same way. Group is easier for people to find.