Daz Studio Pro BETA - FAQ

Comments

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,162
    edited January 2016

How do I backup my User Data in Daz Studio?

See "How do I backup my User Data in Daz Studio?" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

What is a BETA?

Despite our best efforts, Daz 3D cannot possibly test the software under all possible conditions.  So, we are providing a version of the application to the general public in order to uncover problems that were not discovered during internal/private testing.  We expect that there will still be problems and we hope that when users encounter any problems, they will report them to the Bug Tracker* so that they can be validated, prioritized and fixed.

As with any software classified as being in the BETA phase of development, you should expect to encounter bugs.  Any bugs you do encounter while using BETA software can vary in terms of severity, from minor features that do not work correctly to problems that cause your computer to crash.  Before choosing to use BETA software for production purposes, you should decide whether the benefit of new features and bug fixes provided by the BETA version outweighs the risk of instability you may encounter.

*Note: You must be logged into your Daz 3D account to submit a bug report.

edited January 2016

General Release, Public Build, BETA... What is the difference?

See "General Release, Public Build, BETA... What is the difference?" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

Will the version in the Public Build channel replace the one in General Release?

While builds in the Public Build channel do eventually replace the General Release, the existence of a public build does not preclude builds that are currently in the Private Build channel from replacing the General Release before one in the Public Build channel does.  One of the reasons we provide a Public Build channel is to gain broader coverage of the various fixes/additions.  Sometimes fixes/additions in the Public Build channel are validated more quickly than others and can be integrated into the General Release while the remaining, more risky, changes are allowed to "bake" a while longer.

edited January 2016

Has the Content Management Service (CMS) changed?

See "Has the Content Management Service (CMS) changed?​" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

edited January 2016

What is the Application Improvement Program about?

See "What is the Application Improvement Program about?​" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

edited January 2016

Have the content packages been updated too?

See "Have the content packages been updated too?​" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

edited January 2016

How do I get the latest BETA version?

If this is your first time downloading Daz Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the "ADD TO CART" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

If you have previously added the Daz Studio Pro BETA product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio * Public Build" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

*Note: Install Manager provides a "Public Build" download filter that is disabled by default. You must enable this download filter to see packages that are tagged PublicBuild in your Ready to Download list.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the BETA from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio Pro BETA" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the "DOWNLOAD & INSTALL" button.

*Note: The BETA version of Daz Studio is not available as a standalone installer—it must be downloaded and installed using Install Manager. This does not impact the General Release, which will be made available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

edited January 2016

Can I have a General Release and a BETA installed at the same time?

See "Can I have a General Release and a BETA installed at the same time?​" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

edited January 2016

What about the plugins I have?

See "What about the plugins I have?​" in the Daz Studio Pro - FAQ thread.

What is a Release Candidate?

A Release Candidate is a BETA version that has the potential to replace the current General Release, unless significant "show-stopper" caliber bugs emerge. A Release Candidate suggests that a General Release is relatively close.

This discussion has been closed.