I need help with my alphabet....hierarchy, that is.

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Okay, so DAZ arranges its groups in the hierarchy in alphabetical order.

I have the abc part down but...

Do symbols (@$#^&*, etc.) show up before or after and in what order?

What symbols are forbidden to use in Group directories?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,226
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure what symbols are forbidden, but the Character Map applet will show the ordering.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

You could also use numbers that could be easier than messing with symbols

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Where is that?

edited December 1969

You could also use numbers that could be easier than messing with symbols

I was hoping to find a symbol that was at the END of the alphabet to rename a group to.

Man, I wish I could just assign order.

edited December 1969

Hey Richard?

Can I hand edit a .dsf file in notepad to add a group name and then that group name will appear in the directory automagically?

edited December 1969

Yes, though if you didn't turn the option off (in 4.5) you will need to decompress the file. However, I would exercise great caution in doing so. (in fact if I were doing it I'd probably write a script to load the .dsf file, find the path, and let me edit it in a box).

edited December 1969

Yes, though if you didn't turn the option off (in 4.5) you will need to decompress the file. However, I would exercise great caution in doing so. (in fact if I were doing it, I'd probably write a script to load the .dsf file, find the path, and let me edit it in a box).

Let you edit it in a box? Like I should find the section of code in question and post it here for you to show me how to modify?

BTW, does the character Map applet show me in what order DAZ uses the symbols in relation to the alphabet? I mean, I can find out what keystrokes get what symbols with the Windows Character Map applet but that is not helpful, I am afraid.

edited December 1969

The applet lists the characters in order.

As for editing in a box, I meant using the DSON support in scripting to load the morph file, then finding the property path, displaying it in some kind of text box, and editing there - with error checking afterwards. I haven't done this, however - the only documentation of the DSON/JSON script methods is in the Developer Discussion forums, where I asked a question and Rob answered..

edited December 1969

Hmmm... I think I am thing of Keyboard map, then. How do I get to Character Map?

edited December 1969

In Windows XP it's in the Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools. In Windows 7 and Vista you can also just type Charac in the Start menu. Not sure where the Mac equivalent would be.