Legal or Not

kgatzkgatz Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi again,

General Question:

can someone create a site where he can expose all of his rendering work, photos that are created by using daz material (characters, props, textures). I mean is this illegal when this work was created by using other's people stuff (characters, weapons, etc)

thank you

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

kgatz said:
    Hi again,

General Question:

can someone create a site where he can expose all of his rendering work, photos that are created by using daz material (characters, props, textures). I mean is this illegal when this work was created by using other's people stuff (characters, weapons, etc)

thank you

Generally speaking, yes. The images you create you may display. [this is not legal advice, I'm not a lawyer]

• kgatzkgatz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i believe so too...

• edited December 1969

the installers tell you ;)

basically, you aren't allowed to distribute the 3D models, but you do have the rights to show (or sell) 2D renders based on them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, As has already been said, Images, renders and animations are legal to display, As per the DAZ 3D EULA, which can be viewed here

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123876

It is not legal to distribute any meshes or derivations of meshes bought from DAZ 3D store, nor to re-drtribute the software itself.