The new DUF file format, what the deal?

DogzDogz Posts: 896
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I just updated from DS4 pro to DS 4.5, Im halfway though building a product and suddenly im presented with the DUF file format, and I see that there is no legacy option for saving as DSF.
My concern / question is, assuming I save my product in the new DUF format, Im guessing anyone on on an older version of DS cannot use the product?
If so this is bad juju, should I roll back to DS 4.0 or what?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

The advice is not to use 4.5 as a production system, the files are not backward compatible and wouldn't be even if the extension was changed as far as I know.

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Dogz said:
    So I just updated from DS4 pro to DS 4.5, Im halfway though building a product and suddenly im presented with the DUF file format, and I see that there is no legacy option for saving as DSF.
    My concern / question is, assuming I save my product in the new DUF format, Im guessing anyone on on an older version of DS cannot use the product?
    If so this is bad juju, should I roll back to DS 4.0 or what?

If you have re-saved your work in any form in 4.5 then you will probably NOT be able to reload it in 4.0 or any other older version. So rolling back will mean going back to an older save of your work (if you have those) or redoing it from scratch.
    Just thought I'd point this out before you do the rollback.
    Post edited by Art_Junkie on
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited May 2012

Thanks for the feedback, I did save one Item in DUF, but i stopped short right there. It will take all of 5 mins to redo it in DS4.0 and save as DSF - so no harm done :)

Post edited by Dogz on