Norm or Unprecedented ? one makes the meshes ,another makes them work in D/S ?

RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Norm or Unprecedented ? one makes the meshes ,another makes them work in D/S ?

I know I've seen stuff made buy multiple Artist.I just don't know how the team worked.

Is there or could there be a team where ?
1 : one Artist just makes the meshes.
2 : another Artist just makes them work in D/S Pro.

Thanks

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2012

Yep. I Hired a zbrush artist to make me clothing for Genesis.. Just the mesh. I did the textures and morphs myself etc. It can be done. Just have clear communication. Nowadays its normal to outsource to other artists.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited August 2012

I have no money to pay any one ,I am so broke.

I was going to make stuff for Genesis.
    Then ask to see if any one wanted to make it work in D/S Pro.
    Then we sell it in the market place.

Does this sound like a good or bad idea ?

Post edited by RorrKonn on
    edited August 2012

Not a bad idea at all. Just make sure that you agree on a fair cut between the two of you. Maybe they will do it for free lol. You never know. What is it you have in mind developing? Clothing? Hair? Character?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

ah a comic book / graphic novel .I never thought of how complicated it is to make a comic.
    So I need to make mostly characters clothing & scenes buildings & back grounds.
    Hopefully sell enough to buy some hair & stuff from the store ,then I will have every thing I need to start the comic.

If I make a cloth out fit modeled ,mapped ,textured.
    Then the D/S Pro Artist makes it work in D/S Pro.
    What would be a fair percent ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited August 2012

You'd really have to negotiate - for one thing, it would depend on the complexity of the item - something that was well modelled and simple to rig, with simple materials to apply, would probably require a smaller cut than something where the mesh needed adjusting, rigging was complex and the materials took a lot of work to get right. Also, it will depend on how well they think the item will sell - if they feel they are likely to get a cut of a small pot they may want a bigger cut to compensate.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Coming at it from a different angle, teaching yourself to rig in Studio isn't impossible, I recommend the tutorial: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

edited August 2012

Reading is such a bore:). Rather watch all the youtube videos regarding rigging in Daz. A visual and audio stimulous makes you understand so much better:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2012

I am not sure how far I am going to go but best to know what path you can take before you start.

It is not legal to make zBrush micro displacement maps for genesis for the public . Correct ?

If I make my own characters I modeled myself with zBrush micro displacement maps.
    Should I
    A: Hide all of genesis and set my mesh over top Genesis kinda like cloths in a way but not and use Genesis rig.
    or
    B: Just rig it in D/S Pro as a stand a lone character.
    or
    C: the graph

edited December 1969

A displacement map just modifies the shape of an item via map, it doesn't create a new figure. In DS4.5 you could apply the displacement to a geoemtry shell, but you'd need a transparency map to hide the bits that weren't needed for clothing. If, on the other hand, you are wanting to make a Genesis beastie the way RawArt or Valandar does you would probably want a morph (for the big changes) and displacement and texture maps (for the colour and fine detail) - those can all be sahred, and would be applied to a new Genesis figure.

edited August 2012

Oh that's great news that I can put displacement maps on Genesis M5 ,V5.
    Guess since we can do Micro displacement maps then it's kool to bake them for lower poly counts ?

So you would have baked or micro for you App's of choice.
    I tent to get carried away with poly counts in zBrush.
    Don't guess D/S ,Poser cares for millions & millions & millions poly count scenes.

RawArt & Valandar are some wicked Artist ,I would like to buy all there stuff.

edited December 1969

Actually DS and Poser use sub-polygon displacement - the mesh is divided at render time, as determined by the Shading Rate, to allow the displacement - it doesn't need to be divided to a set level, with only the actual vertices being displaced, as it does in ZBrush or some other applications.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Yes. I've helped other vendors texture and rig models and we split the revenues made from the sales.

edited December 1969

Richard Haseltine : The more I get to know D/S Pro 4 ,The more I like it.

DzFire : Definitely ,I could start a War with your Store.

------

I'm working on my C4D ,zBrush ,D/S Pro 4.5 work flow.
    So hopefully after I get my work flow tweaked n super charged.
    I can post something on the 1st n 15 of every month.
    or at least 1st of every month.

Right now I'm working on a outfit for V5 Super Model.
    Will be finished buy Sept 15th.

If no one here wants to.
    The plan is to post the out fit to the forums.
    See if any one with D/S experience wants to make it work for D/S Pro 4.5.

I have the experience to make stuff.
    I'm not that experienced in D/S.
    and It's twice as fast to have 2 working on 1 project.

edited December 1969

Does 32 bit Vector Displacement Maps work with D/S ,Poser ?

Thanks a lot

edited December 1969

No, certainly not in DS. As far as I know we are currently restricted to normal displacement.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

That is, ordinary displacement, not a Normals Displacement. :D

edited August 2012

No, certainly not in DS. As far as I know we are currently restricted to normal displacement.

How about I bake what would have been the Vector Displacement Map turn it in to a texture to lay over top the displacement map ,

I'm determined to have a excuse to play with my new Vector Displacement Map toy :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

I think I read D/S 4.5 Pro 64 bit keeps textures from stretching buy magic in the background.
    So when you take a t shirt from Michale to the Girl the texture does not stretch.

Does the magic in the back ground keep displacement maps from stretching ?