Shoes from v4 to G2F: Offset problem

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Question: I have several shoes from v4 that I'd like to use with G2F. Some of them, when attached to G2F, adapt properly after the conversion dialog. Others (sadly, the majority) converts, but then is offset sideways by roughly one foot width. Because the shoes are attached, they won't let me do any adjustment to correct for the offset.

Is there a way to fix/avoid the problem? Thanks!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of what you end up with, after the conversion?

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790
    edited June 2015

Auto-conversion doesn't work on anything I've seen yet. I usually fit them on a v4 character and use the v4 character to adjust and size them like I want but do it so it looks good on a g2f character in the same scene, usually in the same spot. Then I export the shoes. Next, I either fit them(the ones still in the scene) to g2f or attach them as props. Finally I use the exported shoes as the morph file so that they appear correct again. Unfortunately, it only works on one character at a time and you can't really move anything afterwards without a lot of pain. I can sometimes redo the weight maps. But I don't understand enough about rigging to know what I'm doing.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • edited June 2015

Here's a screenshot of what I am seeing.

On the left is G3 with some shoes from G2: A pair of low-heel boots fits just fine, but the other shoes don't fit at all. If I first set the shoe pose and then add the shoe, it still will have the offset and not conform to the actual foot pose

On the right is G2F with some shoes from v4: As you can see. here the offset is different but just as unworkable.

I tried the method proposed in the sickleyield article, but that does not seem to work for me either.

The second screenshot shows what happens if I pre-apply a shoe pose before adding the shoe. In the G3 case, apparently the morphs are just offset (on the y axis) whereas for G2 the offset apparently is in x. Either way, it doesn't work :(

Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

ShoeFitProblem2.PNG
    841 x 519 - 331K
    ShoeFitProblem.PNG
    964 x 550 - 337K
    Post edited by christian_s_db08e35b79 on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited July 2015

For left heels SY's tutorial should work. Repeat carefully all steps. For offset shoes you need work a bit more:

1.- Fit shoes to V4.
    2.- Set heel pose in G3F.
    3.- Pose V4 feet near to G3F feet. V4 shoes need match with G3F feet. Tweak G3F heel pose if it needed (save the G3F Pose for feet only for use it after) If v4 shoes are thinner than v4 feet probably need a hexagon touch.
    4.- Export shoes as an obj. Set invisible all but v4 shoes before export, because all visible thing are exported in a obj.
    5.- Reimport obj and do all tranfer rigging thing.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited July 2015

gilikshe said:
    For left heels SY's tutorial should work. Repeat carefully all steps. For offset shoes you need work a bit more:

1.- Fit shoes to V4.
    2.- Set heel pose in G3F.
    3.- Pose V4 feet near to G3F feet. V4 shoes need match with G3F feet. Tweak G3F heel pose if it needed (save the G3F Pose for feet only for use it after) If v4 shoes are thinner than v4 feet probably need a hexagon touch.
    4.- Export shoes as an obj. Set invisible all but v4 shoes before export, because all visible thing are exported in a obj.
    5.- Reimport obj and do all tranfer rigging thing.

cof!! cof!! I forget transfer utility step.

5.- Reimport obj.
    6.- Tranfer utility.
    7.- Do all tranfer rigging thing.
    8.- Smooth modifier if it is needed.

In image, Big Shark 1 for V4 fitted to G2F (I didn't see that she wasn't G3 until I end the process, but all should work for g3F too)

bigS1_to_G2F.png
    500 x 650 - 319K
    Post edited by [email protected] on