SettingUp DAZ 3 Render size for Game Sprites

nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

What's the best way to set the render size for game sprites.

I'm having trouble trimming the size to like a custom size.

say like for some character to 100X 200

i tried using the Custome size and it didn't work. it made the character disappear.

ALSO

How do i set up the camera and the character so that all the sprites i make of the character( punch animation, walk animation etc)
will have the character have the same distance from the camera

ALSO

for example i use Aniblocks and bhv that i turned into Aniblocks. And how do i assure the character starts where it should start?
i think most animation sprites should be centered right?

How do i make them so that they're centered or correct within the frame?

Post edited by nokoteb99 on

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

1) No idea what is happening, I tried a 100*100 static render and the character was properly viewed. Perhaps an animation thing.
    2 and 3) rotate camera -45 degrees X and 45 degrees Y (or -45 degrees Y if you want them to face the other way). The easy way for the punch animation is to revert back to a "rest" pose, while walk animation should be done with character not moving, for example by parenting to a null and setting translation keyframes on it such that the figure doesn't move.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

nokoteb99 said:

Have you changed the dimensions in the Render Settings tab?

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

nokoteb99 said:

i tried using the Custome size and it didn't work. it made the character disappear.

ALSO

How do i set up the camera and the character so that all the sprites i make of the character( punch animation, walk animation etc)
    will have the character have the same distance from the camera

ALSO

for example i use Aniblocks and bhv that i turned into Aniblocks. And how do i assure the character starts where it should start?
    i think most animation sprites should be centered right?

How do i make them so that they're centered or correct within the frame?

A quick question: What format are you trying to set the sprites to be? Are you trying to do isometric sprites (like you'd find in a game like Diablo) or fighting game sprites (like you'd find in Street Fighter II)?

How you set up your scene depends upon how you want your sprites to appear. I've been working on something similar so I might be able to help...