FREE update Faceshop plugin for Studio 4.5

info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Abalone LLC is pleased to offer a free new plugin (dll) that works with DAZ Studio 4.5. The new plugins are available first for Windows in both 32-bit and 64-bit . Mac plugin is coming soon. Simply replace the existing faceshoploader.dll in the Studio "plugin" folder.
Important!: THIS PLUGIN ONLY WORKS WITH FACESHOP 7 + DAZ STUDIO 4.5
To download the plugin please follow this link:
http://www.abalonellc.com/free-upgrade-for-existing-pro-users.html

Any questions, write to: [email protected]

Laslo

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thank you Laslo.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

You are welcome - enjoy!

edited August 2012

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!
    New plugins will only work with the release version of 4.5 (but not with beta versions).
    Go here to download:
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio

Laslo

edited December 1969

To be precise: DAZ Studio 4.5.0.114
    Older versions won't work....

Laslo

edited December 1969

Did we mention that the plug-ins are FREE?

• holydragonholydragon Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have this plugin and i am having issues with it... I have daz studio 4.5 and faceshop 7ez with updated plugin announced here.I open the plugin in daz and it comes up with a box to name the morph. I name it and faceshop starts up with a blank screen.I click new project under file menu and create a face as usual with no issues.But the "ok" button is an "exit" button and when clicked it closes the program without sending the files to daz. I cannot seem to get morph loader to work in daz studio, (no one here seems to be able to help with >.>) so exporting as object doesn't help because i can't import it as a morph. please help :(

edited December 1969

This usually happens when:
    1. You have a beta 4.5
    2. You placed the wrong (for example 32-bit) plugin into a 64-bit app.
    Pls check. If no luck call abalone at 650-302-0894.
    Laslo

edited December 1969

I have my files in correct folders and I am using the daz studio 4.5 directly downloaded from this site. So I am gonna have to call support. Ty for the help anyways.

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
    edited September 2012

Any news on Mac update, Laslo?

Post edited by Silas3D on
    edited December 1969

I have my files in correct folders and I am using the daz studio 4.5 directly downloaded from this site. So I am gonna have to call support. Ty for the help anyways.

Still,

the 32-bit dll won't work in a 64-bit Studio and vice versa.
    Also, the Studio version needs to be 4.5.0.114 or newer
    Laslo

edited December 1969

i have my 32 bit dll file in the daz 32bit directory and i eliminated the 64 bit daz and faceshop all together.I have contacted pantomat directly and we went through the files and a bunch of steps but they cannot help me.They said that they have never herd of this issue and the bug has to be with daz studio.
    I got face shop plugin working for faceshop 7ez. It loads fine with daz studio, with the new dll download on the site at pantomat.
    But now when i load the plugin from daz/ edit/ faceshop it asks for a name to give the head morph and then loads a blank faceshop window (the standalone version opens to a file select window plus the blank in the back ground til you select a picture etc.)..... I click file in faceshop and new to generate the file select to start a face.Normally when you are done with creating the face an ok button will be in place of the exit button.)According to instruction manual)Except my problem the exit button is there.I click exit and then faceshop closes and daz says cannot create morph cause faceshop unexpectedly closed.
    I contacted Pantomat directly and we went thru the steps of finding any problems but found none.Then after going thru all that they sent an email saying and im quoting “I never heard this type of problem
    Ii in standalone mode everything OK ?
    if yes, the bug at Studio”
    I responded that standalone works perfectly but Daz 4.5 wont allow me to morph the head with morphloader. Which makes exporting the obj would be out of the question.
    They haven’t responded back… please any help is needed :(

edited December 1969

i have my 32 bit dll file in the daz 32bit directory and i eliminated the 64 bit daz and faceshop all together.I have contacted pantomat directly and we went through the files and a bunch of steps but they cannot help me.They said that they have never herd of this issue and the bug has to be with daz studio.
    I got face shop plugin working for faceshop 7ez. It loads fine with daz studio, with the new dll download on the site at pantomat.
    But now when i load the plugin from daz/ edit/ faceshop it asks for a name to give the head morph and then loads a blank faceshop window (the standalone version opens to a file select window plus the blank in the back ground til you select a picture etc.)..... I click file in faceshop and new to generate the file select to start a face.Normally when you are done with creating the face an ok button will be in place of the exit button.)According to instruction manual)Except my problem the exit button is there.I click exit and then faceshop closes and daz says cannot create morph cause faceshop unexpectedly closed.
    I contacted Pantomat directly and we went thru the steps of finding any problems but found none.Then after going thru all that they sent an email saying and im quoting “I never heard this type of problem
    Ii in standalone mode everything OK ?
    if yes, the bug at Studio”
    I responded that standalone works perfectly but Daz 4.5 wont allow me to morph the head with morphloader. Which makes exporting the obj would be out of the question.
    They haven’t responded back… please any help is needed :(

Holydragon,
    This is one confusing message. Yes, we tried to help via email, but seems like things get lost in communication (which by the way was NOT with Pantomat at all but with Abalone LLC, co-developers of Faceshop in California). Whatever you do, pls. DO NOT eliminate the Faceshop program!
    As before I am more than happy to provide tech support and trouble shoot.
    Pls. call at 650-302-0894 between 8am and 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
    If you are outside the country, we can also skype (my skype name is "lasloves").
    Pls. call. Pretty please!
    Laslo
    edited December 1969

Ok i will be calling Friday because i work all day tomorrow.I used the email in the contact us on the pantomat website, so i automatically assumed i was talking to them.Sorry for the confusion.

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
    edited December 1969

Hi Laslo, sorry to pester but you didn't respond to my previous message regarding the update for Mac users...any news?

edited September 2012

Yes,
    the Mac 4.5 plugin is now available at abalonellc.com under "support".
    Thanks for your patience!
    Laslo