HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,500
edited December 1969 in The Commons

ARG! I have no idea what's wrong, but I'm ready to throw my computer out a window.

I'm working on a commission (these problems ALWAYS are under a deadline arent they??) and suddenly my files are broken.

They won't save. Actually for a while they were still "saving" but they were saving blank files. And I blissfully continue working thinking all is saved and well..... but NOPE the files are empty. I try to load and I get an error and nothing loads.

7,8, 10 saves back, are empty. Go back 11,12 save files, and its worse- they start to load, then BAM fatal error and Daz shuts down.

I'm a WRECK. I've lost DAYS of hard work.

Error report says :
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\daz\studio3.32\dzcore.dll" at 0023:1034C671, DzBrickSet::getShaderFile()+49 byte(s)

i closed comp and restarted and tried the files again but they are def ruined. Still get fatal crashes.

I'm going to sit here and have a good cry before I start all over. I lost so, so, so much work. DAMN IT.

Oh yeah and I was using DS3A-why? because not all the shaders work in DS4.5 yet. And I STILL can't get uberenvironment lights to work right in DS4 and even though pwCatch is supposedly updated for DS4.5 its broken and doesn't work correctly, I can't use skulpt in DS4 like I do in DS3 (which I use for custom sculpting and morphing). And some other shaders work buggy in DS4. Though I did use Genesis anyway, for body, and exported it as an object to DS3A, which I then sculpted- again, which is lost.

DAYS. And my art is due tomorrow. I'm so lucky aren't i?

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited August 2012

Oh NO!! I'm so sorry to hear this! I have no idea what the problem could be, or if you can salvage anything, but I just wanted to share my condolences. That's just awful.... so sorry! :down:

*HUGS*

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

To avoid this when I save I always save to 2 files, just incase the one gets corrupted. Really sorry to hear about it.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,500
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    To avoid this when I save I always save to 2 files, just incase the one gets corrupted. Really sorry to hear about it.

I'm nt sure how you're saving to "two" files. Every save was a NEW save file, so I have a whole folder of save files and the majority of them are ruined. I don't see how I could have avoided this!! :(

edited December 1969

Have you tried to just restart your computer? Maybe Studio will fix itself.

edited December 1969

Yes, of course, and it's still broken. :( I'm starting all over.... I hope I can remember everything... arg. Getting the water shaders just right was a real KILLER too.... :dies:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

It's clutching at straws, but go to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio3\shaders\brickyard (assuming you are using Vista or Windows 7) and try moving everything in there to a different location, then try reloading the scene. Those are temporary files created by Shader Mixer and if you are lucky removing them may remove the problem - though I suspect loading the scene is to early in the process for them to be a factor so my hopes aren't high.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

I feel very sorry for you. If the files you saved are not sized 0 bytes there may still be some hope and if the problem is elsewhere it would be better

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited August 2012

Did you test daz with a different scene to see if it happens with every daz scene or just the model you save and reload?

I had a similar problem as well during a animation movie, i was building the model scenes and when i saved the scene it would crashed on reload . it turned out to be a clothing model i bought that had a compatibility issue, that on save would not save the magnet for the clothing so on loading it crashed daz giving me a ACCESS_VIOLATION Error code because of the missing magnet file. After doing some testing for debugging. i was able to determined which clothing prop was giving me the issue. once I changed it to a new clothing(different) prop and reloaded and re saved the scene the error trouble was gone.
    you might want to look for an compatibility issue with one of your models if it is only happening with the saved scene your working on and not all your daz models you load.

If it happens with all your saved scenes and models then you may need to re-install your daz program to fix a corrupt file.

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Richard, that didnt work but worth a shot.

I figure its something corrupted in one of the files, I'm not sure what.... other scenes will load, but if i load one of the bad scenes, it looks like its about to load and then instant shut down. Spent the evening catching up and salvaging from the oldest saved scenes... if i'm VERY lucky an cut corners maybe it'll only be a day late. :(

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Richard, that didnt work but worth a shot.

I figure its something corrupted in one of the files, I'm not sure what.... other scenes will load, but if i load one of the bad scenes, it looks like its about to load and then instant shut down. Spent the evening catching up and salvaging from the oldest saved scenes... if i'm VERY lucky an cut corners maybe it'll only be a day late. :(

Did anything save in the "bad" files? If so, i may be able to help.

Kendall

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Do you have your stuff saved on an external or secondary drive

edited December 1969

its saved on my regular computer drive.

The files have a size, about 3.2 mb but nothing loads. I can get a couple scenes to "open" but it gives an error and loads a blank scene.
    the best I can do, is go further back to one of the scenes- probably where the error started- it will open, but I can't save it.

so I used that, and I rendered in it, knowing that when it closes, it's gone again and I lose my work. So I opened a NEW scene, added all the other pieces and work I needed, merged it into the bad scene, that way I have two halves of the scene.

edited December 1969

Can you open them in DS4? You may be able to merge your two halves in there. I think I heard something about the new 4.5 is suppose to make it easier to save and merge stuff or something like that... (dang, I need to get better informed... working on it, but I'm slow...) sorry I'm so useless...

Sure hope something works out for you hon... *hugs*

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Did you ever get this resolved