Country Lane Or Howie's Snow Scene on a Mac

BubbaRichardBubbaRichard Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've just bought a Mac Mini and put all my Daz3D stuff on it. I have Carrara 7 Pro and I tried to installed my Country Lane scene. It keeps telling me that I'm missing some Leaf files which really ruins the scenes. Any help?

Bubba

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited August 2012

I've just bought a Mac Mini and put all my Daz3D stuff on it. I have Carrara 7 Pro and I tried to installed my Country Lane scene. It keeps telling me that I'm missing some Leaf files which really ruins the scenes. Any help?

Bubba

Try looking at the read me file, because there are specific Mac instructions on where to place the leaf presets in case it's been updated.

If I recall, you need to go to the Carrara application icon, control or right click the icon, when the contextual menu comes up, choose Show package contents. A new window should open with a folder called Contents, open it and then open MacOS, then open the presets folder, then the Plants folder and place your files in one of the folders. I think Howie's scene created the Misc. folder, so I just placed that in there along side the Basic folder, but I could be wrong and the Misc. folder could have been there and I just dropped the files in that. I'll post some screen shots.

Note: In my experience, if you're doing any network renders, you'll need to follow the same procedure on each of the client machine's render nodes, even if you've used the Save All internally option.

Picture_8.png
    776 x 446 - 116K
    Picture_5.png
    607 x 440 - 76K
    Picture_3.png
    614 x 431 - 45K
    Picture_4.png
    613 x 444 - 44K
    Picture_1.png
    266 x 361 - 50K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040