Why does my serial number not work

insanetiggerinsanetigger Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Ive just been asked for my name and serial number for carrara which ive had for over a year whats going on how do i sort this not amused as i payed good money for the product

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Might need a bit more details here.

• insanetiggerinsanetigger Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I bought carrara 7 when the offer was on about 2 yrs ago (4/19/10) buy 7pro get 8pro free.
    Its been working up till today although i havent used it for about a month.
    Ive filled in my name and the serial number i have for it in my account and im now being told that my serial is invalid.
    I dont understand why not i believed 8 was free for good not limited
    Any help or advise would be very welcome

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I bought carrara 7 when the offer was on about 2 yrs ago (4/19/10) buy 7pro get 8pro free.
    Its been working up till today although i havent used it for about a month.
    Ive filled in my name and the serial number i have for it in my account and im now being told that my serial is invalid.
    I dont understand why not i believed 8 was free for good not limited
    Any help or advise would be very welcome

Have you tried to contact DAZ? Has anything changed with your system? Does the serial number work in C7 Pro? I'm not familiar with the offer you described, maybe someone else knows more about that. The only thing I'm familiar with that sounds similar is that owners of C7 Pro could download the beta of C8 (not referring tom 8.5 here) to test it. That serial had an expiration date. There were some other offers with special upgrade prices that I'm also aware of, but not a free upgrade from C7 Pro to C8 Pro. Not saying the offer wasn't there, I just hadn't heard of it.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I took up that offer - there have been a couple of free upgrades on it, current version 8.1.1.12 - still working.

You didn't maybe install the Beta which expired last month over it?