Messed up Menu and Missing Menu Items

GjSGjS Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in New Users

After that issue occurred and would not resolve I did a complete uninstall of Daz3d Studio 4 (according to instructions = using the uninstallers) but there are still a few gremlins lurking under the hood (in windows XP registry and programs folders.....

* I need to know which registries and folders to remove?

IMPORTANT:
The reason for wanting a totally complete removal of Daz3d Studio 4 is because the Daz 3d Studio 4 menu got messed-up such as;

(1) menu suddenly got disordered; not in the correct order such as; File | Edit ] View |

(2) and items in that messed-up menu list has 'vanished' such as; import, export, send and merge.

(3) and there are duplicate runtime and content folders in the main directory in documents and in Daz UI.

This is causing C++ runtime errors in Daz and missing content errors; probably because 'I' should have kept the same directory path when installing content. For Daz Studio 4 that should be; ((My Library)) but I got confused due to the change from version Daz Studio 3, I was not aware of this until... oops too late.

(4) when i uninstalled > reboot > reinstalled Daz 3d Studio 4 it still reverts back to the previous corrupt state as explained above ((messed-up menu))

* just recently I figured I might resolve this by removing the pref ini file (moved to a temp folder)? as it should rewrite itself anew once Daz is uninstalled then reinstalled but how that menu got messed-up has got me concerned.

I run other software daily for long hours and my PC can handle massive projects beautifully, I have a really good stable PC and no viruses.... I've ruled out other possible causes.

Also; I plan (already have) removed all content libraries because I want to reinstall it all in the 'correct' directory/path. This should resolve the missing content issues. But I need help > advise to clean up the registry > to completely remove all remnants of Daz 3d Studio 4.

I'd greatly appreciate advise on resolving the 'messed-up menu' issue.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The menu thing sounds like you are usisng the Beta workspace layout.

Go to Window > Workspace > Select Layout, and select say Hollywood Blvd, or anything except Full Service Beta. That should cure your menu problems. I can't help with registry entries I'm afraid.

• GjSGjS Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply.

Will try that workspace suggestion and if that did not resolve the issue I'll reply back tomorrow.

• GjSGjS Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

The menu thing sounds like you are usisng the Beta workspace layout.

Go to Window > Workspace > Select Layout, and select say Hollywood Blvd, or anything except Full Service Beta. That should cure your menu problems. I can't help with registry entries I'm afraid.

Your suggestion is right on the money ((resolved)). Thank you.

The last crash (due to user-error, poorly installed content) must have tripped the menu to Beta-Workspace, I had no idea it flipped out to Beta-Workspace. This is important to know should this happen to someone else.

So anyway.... whilst I'm here I may as well give my opinion about Daz 3d Studio 4....

I love DS4; it's free, the UI is the best in the business; love the workflow and compared to other products I use DS4 will definitely be my main go-to for 3D figures and scenes. Thank you Daz.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Glad it is playing nicely with you now :)

Just remember where we are if you need any more help. Best wishes and welcome to the forums.

• The menu thing sounds like you are usisng the Beta workspace layout.

THAT WAS IT!!!

WAY old post, I know, but I was going crazy trying to figure out how I screwed up the install. Thank you!!!