General Gen 5 Iconic Character Render Thread

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
edited August 2012 in The Commons

That's right! You all, or at least, most of you, remember the very recent Aiko 5 and Hiro 5 contests from the old forums right before the switch. Now this time it's a whole Millennium Family free-for-all! I don't JUST want to see Aikos and Hiros, I want to see Stephanies, Davids, Girls (Guys too), Freaks, She-Freaks, and yes, even Teens and Tots! Just be sure to identify who your Gen 5 Icon is and be willing to share your Genesis formulas and used products.

This won't be a contest like the others, just a render thread for sheer fun and sharing creativity. I originally intended to make this after the team fix the forums images, but instead why not now to give ourselves something to smile about as we wade through these bugged times? Genesis' gene pool is now rich with V5 & M5 along with two other generations of character lines to mix and match from. Who knows what DAZ really has in store for a Gen 5 at this point as the only words we get on the matter from them are strong suggestions that we customize our own characters. So you know what? Let's do JUST THAT! :cheese:

EDIT: Since it's now official that DAZ does in fact have a line of Gen 5 Icons currently in process, and since DAZ themselves are being rather silent in openly discussing them, we'll take it upon ourselves to discuss and continue to share ideas about them.

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited May 2012

I was a participant in the Aiko 5 and Hiro 5 contests, and was already thinking about doing more...so thanks for starting this thread, RCDeschene!

Here's my David 5.

Formula:

.5 M5
    .5 D3
    .5 Face Young
    65% Genital Bulge 2
    Elite Dave skin (of course!)
    Zac Hair
    Casual Male
    Chablis lights, I think (Aiden lights were almost as good)

david5_1e_shrunk.jpg
    424 x 600 - 129K
    david5_1b_cropped.jpg
    600 x 600 - 207K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Anyone else?

edited December 1969

Yeah, let's keep this going. I'll add another of mine, but I'd like to see what others can come up with. Not as satisfied with this one as I am with my David, but here's my best attempt at a Stephanie 5. (For those who haven't heard me complain about it in other threads, not having the ability to purchase S4 for Genesis is a pet peeve of mine...) I started with half-S3 and half-V5, then modified her nose to more closely resemble S4.

.5 S3
    .5 V5
    -.25 Nose Width
    .6 Nose Tip Height
    .5 Face Young
    .3 Areolae Perk
    .2 Nipples

steph5_1b.jpg
    364 x 600 - 131K
    edited December 1969

Nice one!

My guess is, more people would see this is replies shot threads back to Page 1 like in the older Forums...

edited August 2012

I made these a while ago and was waiting to post them after the forum was behaving properly as far as thread bumping is concerned.

Here's my "Freak 5."

Formula:
    .094 Freak 3
    1.00 Michael 5
    1.00 Michael 5 Hero
    1.00 Body Tone
    1.00 Body Volume
    0.2 Bodybuilder
    0.4 Bodybuilder Details
    0.5 Fitness Details
    0.5 Freak 3 Head
    -0.5 Michael 5 Head
    1.00 ToughGuy Head
    1.00 Stefan Hair (on full-body render only)
    100% Genital Bulge 2
    -20% Legs Length

Textures used: Elite Philip (on head shot) and Stefan for M4 and Genesis (full-body)

freak5f.jpg
    800 x 800 - 354K
    freak5e.png
    485 x 800 - 263K
    edited December 1969

Finally! Hopefully now this thread will actually be SEEN!

But then again, with the knowledge of some of the chirped out Gen 5 like Stephanie and Hiro, I'm not sure is this thread is still valid at this point... ._.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

I made these a while ago and was waiting to post them after the forum was behaving properly as far as thread bumping is concerned.

Here's my "Freak 5."

Formula:
    .094 Freak 3
    1.00 Michael 5
    1.00 Michael 5 Hero
    1.00 Body Tone
    1.00 Body Volume
    0.2 Bodybuilder
    0.4 Bodybuilder Details
    0.5 Fitness Details
    0.5 Freak 3 Head
    -0.5 Michael 5 Head
    1.00 ToughGuy Head
    100% Genital Bulge 2
    -20% Legs Length

Textures used: Elite Philip (on head shot) and Stefan for M4 and Genesis (full-body)

I really like these. The second looks a lot like a guy who used to work at the local grocery store.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

Here's my "Freak 5."

Formula:
    .094 Freak 3
    1.00 Michael 5
    1.00 Michael 5 Hero
    1.00 Body Tone
    1.00 Body Volume
    0.2 Bodybuilder
    0.4 Bodybuilder Details
    0.5 Fitness Details
    0.5 Freak 3 Head
    -0.5 Michael 5 Head
    1.00 ToughGuy Head
    100% Genital Bulge 2
    -20% Legs Length

I really like these. The second looks a lot like a guy who used to work at the local grocery store.
    Yeah, kind of like a country-side uncle type.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,768
    edited August 2012

Good stuff! :coolsmile:

I need to get Michael 5 installed so I can export a Genesis containing hm into Poser. My file server died and he's sill sitting on my laptop...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Good stuff! :coolsmile:

I need to get Michael 5 installed so I can export a Genesis containing hm into Poser. My file server died and he's sill sitting on my laptop...

Take your time, dear! :)

Say everyone, since there's a big Generational sale going on at the moment, this is a PERFECT opportunity to buy some stuff and get this thread active! :-)

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Checking in as requested..

edited August 2012

Fisty said:
    Checking in as requested..

Good! Hopefully seeing you here may get more people to participate! :-)

If not this is a great place to at the very least discuss the Gen 5 characters that are coming.

What do you think guys? We already know that S5 is on her petite, yet glorious way. What might this say for a possible David 5 to counter-part her after a whole generational absence? How about Hitomi waiting for her big brother and sister, Aiko and Hiro to come home? Who else is wondering what creature of a man the labs have made the Freak into this time? Who knows what's going to happen in the new season of our favorite cartoon Girl? :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

waoooo,,,can I join here? OK? I can not do cool rendaring and setting, but just want to throw and stuck,
    my love gen 5 mix figure photo here ^^?

(but,, I do not understand clearly abou t iconic it means not use V5 or M5? Hitomi is iconic or not?

it can not used v5 shape?

when Aiko 5 will come TT) I am waiting her long time,,

edited August 2012

Thanks for the comments, everyone! And kitakoredaz, you are welcome to join! The more the merrier (and while I've had fun so far, I'm hoping to see what others can come up with). This thread is to make and post your concept of characters that don't exist in the 5th generation yet (so we have V5 and M5 already, but no Aiko 5, Hiro 5, Stephanie 5, David 5 (or David 4, for that matter), Freak 5, She-Freak 5, Girl 5, etc. You can use whatever you want to in making these characters. Just share the formula you used. :)

We now have strong reason to believe that DAZ will be making official versions of some of these iconic characters (S5 and H5), but feel free to share your own versions of them anyway! Maybe some of ours* will be as nice if not even better than the official versions!

*Or at least Fisty's: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_3_3395318.jpg
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_2_3377551.jpg ;-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Watching! :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, watching also.

edited August 2012

waoooo,,,can I join here? OK? I can not do cool rendaring and setting, but just want to throw and stuck,
    my love gen 5 mix figure photo here ^^?

(but,, I do not understand clearly abou t iconic it means not use V5 or M5? Hitomi is iconic or not?

it can not used v5 shape?

when Aiko 5 will come TT) I am waiting her long time,,

By all means, my dear, all are welcome! :-) As for your questions, as Scott-Livingston explained as did I in my original post, we already have the leading models of DAZ 3D, V5 & M5 are out and already well-supported. Victoria & Michael are very much indeed Iconic figures, but they're a given. Now it's time to see what's in store for rest of the Millennium Family.

As for my mentioning of Hitomi, technically she is not where she isn't a DAZ 3D Original, but she IS the latest 3D Anime Girl of the community-famous MallenLane, the creator of many of the Millennium Icons such as David, Aiko, Hiro, Laura & Luke, and Maddie & Matt. Because of this fact, many of us DAZ users revere her as a Gen 5 Icon anyway, some going as far as to call her "Aiko 5" (though, with leaked knowledge that there is a H5 coming, we now know this means that the real A5 is in the planing as well). This is why I acknowledge her as Aiko & Hiro's "little sister", much like how Stephanie has always been a sister figure to Victoria.

edited December 1969

uuuuu I just make ,,, ksenia for genesis made,,,

it is not iconic? I first check this product, I hopt she come from genesis.

but,, I do not want to buy genX,,, so,,,, I made it !!!! without generation X!!

just dhedk please.. how do you fell guys!!

not mixed many figures. (oh,, I used handmade shape morph for breast,,, sorry ^^;)

good2.jpg
    533 x 682 - 213K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

She looks very pretty! Funny area under the underarms though.

edited December 1969

Nice portrait! I really like this, and you did a great job capturing Ksenia's essence. I don't think I'd consider her an iconic character--she's too new--but that's okay. :) Would you mind sharing the formula for her?

edited December 1969

thanks guys!!

and Sorry,, dear Scott,, ><<br /> this is not mix character and this is not by hand made morph face. so not need resipes.

Ksenia for genesis (rc ver^^;) is by Ksenia for V4 use ,transfer utility, and v4.2 and v4shape for genesis.
    and Erc freeze. I thought I would need to reshape in hexagon, but it seems not need so many surgery.
    (yes I know many guys do it by gen X,,)

so it is not good work and I understand not much on this Iconic Render Thred ^^; excuse me!! but I want to throw more photo
    on this topics,,
    then I will show other photo because I got A3 and H3 shapes for genesis now.

and if someone who try transfer utility for a substitute of generation X, I recommend and tell how I did
    (if someone hope) it is not difficult but need some method to get better translation for v4 morph.
    I checkd the topic how to taranslate morph for genesis by transfer utilty, but feel need more detail,,

and thanks Ramwolfd yes,,,

I should adjust again some lig,, or need some morph for correct the underams,,

I set Rig , after translate morph by "auto adjust rig for shape", then check how would be,
    but need more correct ,, bone adjustment is not so interesting work ^^;
    (so I hope daz make more and more shape if which remaked for genesis pool !
    and I hope vender if they plan new character for v4, please plan for genesis too)

edited August 2012

thanks guys!!
    so it is not good work and I understand not much on this Iconic Render Thred ^^; excuse me!! but I want to throw more photo
    on this topics,,

Don't worry about it, dear. She looks lovely! :)

What I mean by "Gen 5 Icon" is the up-coming 5th versions of the Millennium Family that we now know DAZ is working on. Basically, what I want to see from you is your own idea as to what you think the characters should look like. If you were the one making the Anime duo of Aiko 5 & Hiro 5, or the Sci-Fi/Toon styles of Freak 5 & Girl 5, etc., what would make them look like?

You don't have to do anything for V5 or M5 if you don't want to, because they are out in the store and we know what they look like already. I'm just looking to see how everyone else envisions the characters that are on their way. Get what I'm saying now? ;)

edited December 1969

whhhh I can imagin just new game 3D character,, (though I have only PS2 still):roll:

maybe it is Aiko 5 or,,, if I named it "ARISSA" or "RUKA" or,,, " REIKA" or,,,

uuu I try to make "Aiko infinity " ^^;

and this is aquesiton about rule, so how you make your character for this topic?

eg YOU can only use genesis basic morph ,and iconicshape for genesis!
    or genesis body morphs )

etc,,

because,, If I use my handmade morph (I just mix mix mix and tweak, save ,
    and mix mix mix mix and tweak and save as FBM ^^;)
    I may not tell how to make the shape or character,,

this is my hope AIko5,, (few real version Aiko ninja?!:)

Aikoninja.jpg
    533 x 682 - 209K
    edited December 1969

Just take a screen shot of the currently used shapes when you're done.

edited December 1969

yes I know,, but after tweak if I like the shape , I saved as character preset,,
    no1 no2 no3,, and apply it in the scene.

I had not memorrized how to make them before.

now I can find only
    concentrate 0.52
    contempt 0.095
    Mouth Frown 0.022

when next challenge,, with recipe,,I do.

edited December 1969

OK it may last photo which I up this topic,,
    I did not understtand clearly Iconic character,,

I will make other topic if I want to show my game character image photo or
    serch and find new recipe for handmade character of genesis

this is recipe of this girl. RICO for gen
    I do not use handmade morph this time.

I feel cheak line is important , everytime I adjust head scale
    and cheak lines,,when mix animelike character and realistic character.

bodybulider 0.02
    bodybulilder detail 0.35
    Fitness 0.1

victoria 4 for gen 0.29
    Aiko 4 for gen 0.60

head morphs

basic female head 0.22
    victoria 4 head 0.30
    Riley head 0.58
    Manami head 0.53
    Princess head 1 0.12
    Asian female A 0.49
    Asian female A Low -0.71
    Hitomi Lower Face Smaller 0.05
    Jaw size -0.08

materials

skin Kumi for genesis (Rendrocity)
    eye , Lip make Riley for genesis

AIKOKO3focus.jpg
    533 x 682 - 169K
    edited December 1969

Iconic characters: Victoria, Michael, David, Stephanie, Aiko, Hiro, Freak, The Girl.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2012

These are really great! Love the facial details on the freak 5 :) kitakoredaz, your female is a beauty :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited September 2012

Kitakoredaz, your latest character is beautiful! Nice job! :)

Sigh...DAZ made this one obsolete before I even got the chance to post it here! I can't call these girls "Stephanie 5," so let's call them Stephanie 4.5 instead... ;-)

Stephanie 4.5 A (far left)
    S4 .7
    V5 .3
    V5S .3
    Face Young .1
    SuperTallGn AMR 10%
    BreastsSmall .1
    Navel 1
    NavelHollow .2
    Navel Vertical 1
    Valerie skin, Taylor Hair, Sports Time, Onyx Male, Magus

Stephanie 4.5 B (center left)
    S4 1
    *Gemma1 0.6
    Body Volume 0.08
    Heavy 0.05
    Pear Figure 0.1
    Breasts Size 0.5
    V5 Breasts Upward Slope 0.3
    Areolae Depth 0.3
    Areolae Diameter 1
    Areolae Perk 0.4
    Navel 1
    Navel Depth 1
    Navel Hollow 0.6
    Navel Horizontal 0.8
    Nipples 0.5
    Nipples Diameter 0.3
    Nipples Volume 0.1
    Elite Natasha, Pure Hair Wild, Andromedas Legend

Stephanie 4.5 C (center)
    S3 0.4
    S4 0.6
    **Lanky Gn AMR 40%
    Navel 0.5
    Elite Lana, WildMane Hairstyle, Scoopback Minidress

Stephanie 4.5 D (center right)
    S4 1
    Naoki Body 50%
    Nose Width 0.3
    Nose Depth 0.5
    Nose Size -0.2
    Nose Tip Depth -0.3
    Nose Tip Height 0.2
    Face Young 0.8
    ***FemaleFace06 50%
    S4 Head -0.5
    Head Propagating Scale 0.8%
    **Petite Gn AMR 10%
    Breasts Small 0.3
    Areolae Perk 0.3
    Navel 1
    Navel Vertical 0.5
    Nipples 0.4
    Naoki skin, Hampton Hair, Genesis Bikini, Helen for V4

Stephanie 4.5 E (far right)
    Started with Chablis character preset (a dialed character)
    Then set Basic Female to 0
    S4 to 1
    Voluptuous to 0.7
    Basic Female Head to 0.5
    S4 Head to -0.4
    Benjamin Head to 30%
    **HourGlass Gn AMR 20%
    **Stout Gn AMR 100%
    Made additional tweaks to breasts resulting in this final formula:
    Breasts Cleavage 0.35
    Breasts Size 0.33
    V5 Breast Shape 2 0.2
    V5 Breast Shape 4 0.2
    V5 Breast Downward Slope 0.5
    (There are a bunch of other morphs used, but all or nearly all are the same as the Chablis character)
    Elite Marie skin, Gia Hair, Genesis Bikini

*Gemma for V4 and Genesis, and Genesis Faces, both by Sabby, both available at Renderosity
    **Free proportion morphs created by Adamr001: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5484/
    ***Whoops, this morph was from Feminine Touch by DAZ3D and Raiya, not Genesis Faces by Sabby.

wearestephanie1b.jpg
    800 x 800 - 489K
    edited December 1969

Oh,, I just afraid if I bother yours who want to play with this topic^^;

because Scott and other guys did not came after I throw my cheap ledner^^:
    now I relieve me.

my love order is,, (it is not correct word ,,sorry/)

1 center right (so nice proportion,, I think,,)
    2 far right! (she is exiotic!! sensual,, I want to apply dark brown color skin for her

I hope just play rendor with yours. so please stick more and more Gen 5 Iconic Character photos here!!

thanks! marcusfinnigon! really do you think so?

if you joke me my sisters may not forgive you !:coolsmile:

(I check these recipes later,,I msitake lighting maybe,, uberenvironmets adjusting is difficutl for me,,)

and you ,common! lets stick your render!! why not??
    it seems more fun if you stick youre render! I hope so!!

really.jpg
    581 x 720 - 269K