Serrge and his trucks

cedarwolfcedarwolf Posts: 64
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I love all of the 1930's vehicles that Serrge has created and I was wondering something. In the ad copy the "dustbowl look" is stated, but there isn't a dustbowl truck. Would it be possible to ask him to create a traditional period farm truck, also known as a stakebed, for this vehicle collection? As a reference, the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" is excellent and shows the actual trucks used by our families from Oklahoma who headed west looking for a better, and moister, environment. Thanks to you and Serrge for all your hard work.

Comments

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

cedarwolf said:
    I love all of the 1930's vehicles that Serrge has created and I was wondering something. In the ad copy the "dustbowl look" is stated, but there isn't a dustbowl truck. Would it be possible to ask him to create a traditional period farm truck, also known as a stakebed, for this vehicle collection? As a reference, the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" is excellent and shows the actual trucks used by our families from Oklahoma who headed west looking for a better, and moister, environment. Thanks to you and Serrge for all your hard work.

You want the Dust Bowl Clunkers texture set.

• cedarwolfcedarwolf Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Those are interesting, but not what I'm looking for. The flatbed is a farm truck, heaver frame (maybe what is called a deuce and a half) and has removable sides that are made of wooden slats that fit into slots on the bed and are panels. The tail panel locks in place with a slide and catch. You still see a lot of them here in rural Oklahoma and probably in the farm belt everywhere. I'm thinking one of the other trucks, the one that has the WWII attachments, might do the job.

• cedarwolfcedarwolf Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

I can never figure out how to attach a pic here, but attached is a picture of the exact truck I'm talking about. 1934 Dodge 2-ton stake truck. Here is the URL of the photo if I messed up the attachment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1934_Dodge_Brothers_2-ton_stake_truck_red.jpg

800px-1934_Dodge_Brothers_2-ton_stake_truck_red.jpg
    800 x 453 - 98K