DS4.5 categorize problem: Partial missing categorize work. How prevent it?

martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
edited August 2012 in The Commons

I categorize some stuff in DS4.5, in my last session CMS didn't work, and Categories was not showing. I restart CMS, and categories back, in an old step, the new work are missing. How I can do a backup for content library categories?

Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I suspect the OP is actually asking how to get back to the status where an item is new and awaiting categorization, not how to save a backup of the database, but I don't use Smart Content to be able to advise.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited August 2012

On the Content Library tab, click the Context Menu button at the top and then select "Scan Known Directories for Files" and that will put them in the unassigned directory. If you have already imported their metadata, then there's not an easy way to go backwards. Instead you should be able to go to Products > [ product name ] and custom categorize from there.

Post edited by adamr001 on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    You need to stop the CMS service, backup the files in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases (default install location) and then restart CMS.

To restore, you simply stop the service, replace all the backup files into the same location and restart.

Thanks, it is just I need. I hate sorpresive data vanishing.

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    I suspect the OP is actually asking how to get back to the status where an item is new and awaiting categorization, not how to save a backup of the database, but I don't use Smart Content to be able to advise.

In this time these data is missing. But it would be pretty to know how recover it.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    On the Content Library tab, click the Context Menu button at the top and then select "Scan Known Directories for Files" and that will put them in the unassigned directory. If you have already imported their metadata, then there's not an easy way to go backwards. Instead you should be able to go to Products > [ product name ] and custom categorize from there.

It was a good solution for a new problem: Categorize wasn't working.
    I didn't use "Scan" because not all compressed poser types was viewed in "unassigned directory", and I had been categorizing from "proser format" branch without problems. Suddenly, categorize didn't work more, I only obtained empty subfolders categorizing files differents to *.crz (Yes, I check in subcategorie when i create it). Reading your answer remember me this option. I select it ... and categorize funtionality is back. Thanks.