Utopia Labs Content Questions

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm trying to find the advertised "14 bonus Cameras include volume fog for atmospheric affects promised for the DAZ Studio content. I downloaded the legacy, poser and a daz files trying to figure this out for myself, but while I can find the Poser cameras, the Daz Studio cameras are nowhere to be found.

From the Product Page

Utopia Labs
DAZ Studio Optimized Scene (.DAZ and .DUF)
Multi-part
14 bonus Cameras include volume fog for atmospheric affects
Uberenvironment light set included

Utopia LabsOptimized Poser Prop/Environment (.PP2 and .OBJ)
Multi-part
14 bonus Cameras included
42 .OBJs
Textures Include
49 Texture, Bump, Displacement, Emissive and Transparency Maps (from 128 x 128 to 8000 x 2048)

I am happy that this product shows up in smart content when virtually nothing else in the way of new content seems to, but I really need these cameras. Amazing set by the way!

Please advise.

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
    edited December 1969

Well, once I installed the legacy files and manually went to the Products/U folder in content manager and loaded the set fresh, the cameras were in the scene. Not a great user experience I must say. Anyone have any idea why the cameras don't show up in the smart content? Just the way they were made maybe?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:
    Anyone have any idea why the cameras don't show up in the smart content? Just the way they were made maybe?

They're not Smart Content, they're part of the scene as it gets loaded. I've noticed many full scene/environment items brought out over the last year or so are now set up like this; it used to be much less common.
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:
    Anyone have any idea why the cameras don't show up in the smart content? Just the way they were made maybe?

They're not Smart Content, they're part of the scene as it gets loaded. I've noticed many full scene/environment items brought out over the last year or so are now set up like this; it used to be much less common.

Thanks. I did finally figure that out. It's frustrating that a feature so awesome as Smart Content seems barely supported by PA's.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

actually Metadata is handled by DAZ3D and not the PA's...just thought I would throw that in. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    actually Metadata is handled by DAZ3D and not the PA's...just thought I would throw that in. :)

Good to know. So Daz is failing to follow/ support their own standard? I literally get excited when I see a newly installed product show up in Smart Content. It's so much easier to lay hands on. Likewise I get deflated when it doesn't show up.

edited December 1969

I am not sure if you are aware of the size of the DAZ3D workforce and how many older items need redoing to A; include Duf formats and B; Metadata so this hopefully might give you more understanding and therefore hopefully make you more understanding of the situation. :) I don't speak for them but I do understand.

I am old school and still prefer the Content Library Pane and never bother with Smart Content on the whole. I do use it sometimes but not as often as some.

edited September 2014

Szark said:
    I am not sure if you are aware of the size of the DAZ3D workforce and how many older items need redoing to A; include Duf formats and B; Metadata so this hopefully might give you more understanding and therefore hopefully make you more understanding of the situation. :) I don't speak for them but I do understand.

I am old school and still prefer the Content Library Pane and never bother with Smart Content on the whole. I do use it sometimes but not as often as some.

Firstly, I was only referring to post DS releases.

To be honest, I think you might be taking my comments wrongly here, Mate. I have no knowledge to speak of about the size of their work force. Whatever it is, from my perspective they work wonders. My only true gripe worth mentioning is the lack of a "talk to a person support line."

Now you might think I'm expecting a bit too much in the way of customer service and that is certainly your right. I can only say there's a reason I have high expectations of them. In the past they've delivered great service and innovation. I've been a member here for over a decade and most of those years spent a grand or more here. It's only natural that I expect good service and quality products in my view.

I, likewise am old school and would have been perfectly content if they'd stopped at Genesis and fully supported smart content as a standard. I do think it makes sense to just require that of the merchant. Unless, unbeknownst to me there is some sort of proprietary information they are protecting which might be the case, it only makes sense.

In any case, I'm sorry if my comments riled you. It certainly was not my intent.

Regards,
    Brent

Post edited by Greybro on
    edited December 1969

Nope no misunderstanding and no riling took place. I am just blunt and just pointing out some facts, that was all and no hidden intent, I don't play those games. LOL And I speak from experience where I have seen numerous people say things without knowing that facts so I thought I would share some.

Also I don't want to come across as defending them either, they can do that. Yeah they are a small team and I agree they do some good work in all aspects of this business.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Nope no misunderstanding and no riling took place. I am just blunt and just pointing out some facts, that was all and no hidden intent, I don't play those games. LOL And I speak from experience where I have seen numerous people say things without knowing that facts so I thought I would share some.

Also I don't want to come across as defending them either, they can do that. Yeah they are a small team and I agree they do some good work in all aspects of this business.

Thanks Pete. I appreciate the comments and was just wanting to make sure I wasn't stepping on toes myself. I've been reflecting on the late, great Jaderail lrecently and thinking of how something most of us do this stuff as a hobby and an escape. I think things should be kept friendly and light in these inter web byways.

Regards,
    Brent

edited December 1969

No, no toes squished. LOL Talking of blunt, Jade was the same but with a cheeky undertone. We had one misunderstanding when we first virtually meet but after that we always had mutual respect for each other. I suppose were kindred spirits in some ways.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In this case it isn't a problem with the Smart Content -- the cameras are included in the scene file, they aren't a separate item, so there is no item in the Content Library for them.

edited December 1969

When I heard of his passing, I grabbed a few resources and made this Drow render in Jade's honor. This is literally the first time I clicked the RENDER button on a Drow image in Daz Studio. I'll never top that so I guess I'm done with rendering Drows.

FirstDrow.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 561K