Rendering parts of a character?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm rendering figures at pretty high resolution (1500x3000 pixels). This takes a long time for just a second of animation. If I am only moving parts of a character...like the upper body and not the legs...is there a way to just render those parts that move?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

dkutzera said:
    I'm rendering figures at pretty high resolution (1500x3000 pixels). This takes a long time for just a second of animation. If I am only moving parts of a character...like the upper body and not the legs...is there a way to just render those parts that move?

why are you doing it so huge ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,884
    edited December 1969

You can't literally make a partial render, but you could hide body parts so that there was only background there (ore remove transparency maps from things that could be composited over, if you are using ray-traced shadows that should speed things up nicely).

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I'll try those options. Turning off body parts would be a help. I'm rendering at high res as a kind of experiment. I plan on bringing the rendered figures into After Effects and creating comps that I can move a camera through. They n red to be high res so I can go from wide to medium on them and not have them pixilate.