Daz3 +Daz4 installing on external runtime

VitachickVitachick Posts: 135
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Lost my hd etc awhile ago. Still installing but now have separate drive for reinstalls. Problem is even though they are listed
in preferences, directories when I click on exp folder sometimes only the mats for the items are showing up and not the
item itself...

Example: K:\Dynamic Clothing.(have others).This contains 4 folders..Data, People, Runtime.Read me... the runtime contains textures only.
Files missing?

Had purchased Dynamic Clothing bundle...I have installed all for pc...Don't know why Mac is showing up since I don't have one.

Help!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

This set? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-dynamic-clothing-bundle/

The clothes should be in \People\Victoria 4\Clothing\some folder, or possible \People\Victoria 4\Dynamic Clothing, under DAZ Studio Formats. The readme should give the precise locations.

• VitachickVitachick Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Yes that is the bundle...No it's not installed in Daz but to another drive by itself... Oh no..

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Having it installed to another folder or drive is OK, as long as the folder is selected as a DAZ Studio Content Directory (it is listed under DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Library pane). Check that the installer didn't place its files in a Content folder in the folder you installed to -if it did, on Windows you just need to select everything in the Content folder, Cut, go up to the selected folder, Paste, and allow it to merge the folders that are duplicated.

• VitachickVitachick Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Thanks for advise!! Much appreciated :)