Exile: Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail ][ Now consolidated ][ Updates soon.

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

How on earth did I miss this thread... Love this story Jade, as I already told you before when you been teasing us with some of them :) Looking forward to read more ! YOu doing great, don't let anyone else say anything different !

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I think the priest has good reason to fear, based on the looks of who is giving the reprimand! Very interesting concept Jaderail :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

Well thank you Both. Novica I did not invent the Drow Concept this is AD&D as I played the Jade character. This is his story right from the Games. I played Jaderail as a Player character for almost 12 real years. There are some good stories to be Incorporated to the Books. Yes people I plan more than one, Exile is just the First and at this time just a Test. I must say I'm very happy and plan to follow this to its end.
    I am happy to say that the Jade Project will soon see more added as I now have the Updated DAZ Studio Beta installed and the error that was introduced by a third party, not be named, is now corrected. I am still in test mode of the New DS Beta and find it ready for my use at this time. I have already began setting up scenes to finish Chapter one and have planned ahead for chapter two.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited December 1969

Well, I´m a fan of R.A.Salvatores Novels. Looking at your work makes me all the time thinking:
    When will Drizzt Do'Urden come around the corner? :-)

Nice story so far, would like to see/read more. Keep up the good work.

edited April 2014

MN-150374 said:
    Well, I´m a fan of R.A.Salvatores Novels. Looking at your work makes me all the time thinking:

Nice story so far, would like to see/read more. Keep up the good work.

I'm not going to deny that those books did inspire me to play my first approved by the Rules Drow. I will say that in all my travels I never did have the pleasure of meeting Drizzt as he was based in a different realm than our games. He was Forgotten Realms based and our AD&D games were Greyhawk based.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

More More :)
    <~ Goes back quietly in the corner~>

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    More More :)
    <~ Goes back quietly in the corner~>
    Waves at Ivy madly...
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

*brings tea for all patient lurkers* :)

edited December 1969

Enjoy your tea folks, I am back at work and happily re-rendering things over and over until I get what I want. I'll not say the dreaded "S" word as I find that over used by our erstwhile support site. But I am having fun again and I hope that will mean fun for you all very soon.

Just watch my Sig Banner folks, it will change with the first new post to the story as will the Threads Title a bit.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    MN-150374 said:

Nice story so far, would like to see/read more. Keep up the good work.I'm not going to deny that those books did inspire me to play my first approved by the Rules Drow. I will say that in all my travels I never did have the pleasure of meeting Drizzt as he was based in a different realm than our games. He was Forgotten Realms based and our AD&D games were Greyhawk based.

I´m not really familiar with the AD&D games. Read only Salvatores Novels. But obviousley your work pushes the right button. :)

*brings tea for all patient lurkers* :)

Thanks! :-)

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Jade, sorry friend, renders are very dark, can't hardly seem em ?? So, can't comment. From what I've read, story is cool though, great job friend :-)

edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Jade, sorry friend, renders are very dark, can't hardly seem em ?? So, can't comment. From what I've read, story is cool though, great job friend :-)
    Not your Fault. The Drow are Night dwellers or Cave dwellers really. The full Prolog is at night and much of the story will also be in low light settings. It just happens to be the nature of the Beast so to speak. I'm trying for a better balance but I will note this down to be remembered when I do the Re-Render and touch ups of the files.
    I will check my Monitor calibration but I try to keep it at industry standard just to avoid this issue.
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

I didn't think the renders were that dark here, as the blue tint of the lighting gives the strong hint of night. In fact it is infinitely better then some VHS to DVD conversions I've seen, where it is almost all black in broad daylight, lol.

Tho, I do have a light-block sound-absorber canopy over my work station monitors, and the monitors were 'calibrated', to say the least. Allot of people don't have that luxury.

If you make the renders brighter, don't make them to bright, it'l ruin the night sky effect.

_ColorDeapthCRTtestTile3008sml1.png
    200 x 200 - 2K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

I like you idea of keeping the story line all together very much easier to follow.....holding my breath waiting on the new part......so looking forward to more of your story......Trish

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited April 2014

Jade, you don't have to change a thing. Most of my vampire, werewolf, etc.... are in dark enviorments, so I surely can relate ;-P. Lighting differs for everyone. Just that I'm a fan of your work, both here and DA. Your renders are awesome ! very visible/detailed. When I discovered this thread, what I shared was my first impression. No biggie, keep up the fabulous story.

Jaderail said:
    awesomefb said:
    Not your Fault. The Drow are Night dwellers or Cave dwellers really. The full Prolog is at night and much of the story will also be in low light settings. It just happens to be the nature of the Beast so to speak. I'm trying for a better balance but I will note this down to be remembered when I do the Re-Render and touch ups of the files.
    I will check my Monitor calibration but I try to keep it at industry standard just to avoid this issue.
    Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,849
    edited December 1969

I will comment that they are too dark for android but then so are mine!
    on the PC and using the android based smart tv adapter on my 42" plasma they looked excellent

edited April 2014

Surfing on a decent notebook, nothing special. The previews looking good and in fullsize I can count the leaves on the background trees.
    Can´t complain about the color or quality.

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited December 1969

Thank you All for the Input. I am at this time at work on the next renders and story parts of Chapter 1. Your support in this and my other thread is all that I need to keep this alive. You people are my muse...

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

I've got to read this, read the first couple scenes and it's definitely got my attention. Great work :)

I'm curious, in the 7th render on the first page you have sparks at the swords point of impact, is this something you did in Daz (which product) or was it post render?

edited December 1969

I've got to read this, read the first couple scenes and it's definitely got my attention. Great work :)

I'm curious, in the 7th render on the first page you have sparks at the swords point of impact, is this something you did in Daz (which product) or was it post render?

Those are from one of Ron's (devinety) Brush sets and done Post Work.
    edited December 1969

Oh, I guess I could mention I'm now on render 9 (NINE) of the reserved place holders. I will still change my banner when the rest of chapter one is posted for reading.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

That looks really nice :) and blends in with the scene really well.
    Excellent job!

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited June 2014

I should have actually read that sooner, lol.
    I was just looking at a candle effect sphere, and that other comment about the sward-clash-effect caught my eye.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/633185/
    It would probably be way more work then what Jaderail did to set up the scene to look correct, And I don't even want to know what it would do to render time with that many point-lights in there, lol.
    (edit)
    Ron's partials (brushes) do seam better, tho I have no clue If/How they work in Gimp/Photoshop/etc.
    http://www.daz3d.com/rons-particles
    This product requires Photoshop CS or higher.

Hmmm, lol.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

we will never learn the end of his story

but I can share some of Jeff's perhaps

[6/03/2014 8:37:03 PM | Edited 8:37:18 PM] Jaderail: Once apon a time this drow pissed off this troop of very powerful people. They all decided the realms would be better off if said drow was just gone. They tricked him into a deep dark dungeon with piles of treasure. Then they ambushed is sorry arse. One did a soul capture and pulled his very essence into a gem. Anthor cast Flesh to stone apon him just as the soul ripped from him. They then tossed that gem with one little dark point of light in it out into the vast room of other treasures and left him for 100 years. After the UMANS died off of old age two returned, found that gem and returned the drow to his old self. He owes both of them his life to this very day.

Sleep tight... LOL.

• AlienFxAlienFx Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Excellent image and story... Do you have a storyline written already? I also have a Drow character that i started playing from Ad&d back in what? ahhh 80 i think.. They are a wonderful race full of potential.

I have never really read Salvatores stuff... Except maybe an online story i read about chaos shards? Not sure if that's cannon for his universe. I am sorry that i have missed this for so long but glad i have found it.

edited July 2015
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 2015

click to view

on the 18th it would have been Jaderail's Birthday,

maybe some of you can do some renders for him in remembrance heart

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 2015

I'm not active as much now.  I owe Jade a lot for anything I do in this hobby, he encouraged me, pushed me, and without that I don't think I would still be doing this.  I don't do Drow, I make Teir 'Dal, but I think of his characters every time.  This is an older render, I also enjoyed his darker images. I wish he could have seen it.

violetdark2.jpg
    530 x 700 - 87K
    Post edited by Teofa on
    edited December 2015

he would have approved heart

and loved the new outfits and iRay, if only he had lived to see iraycrying I reckon would have been doing lots of animation too

runed.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 2M
  • well today was his Birthday, I never want him to be forgotten so will revive this thread anually at least, was hoping a few more could have posted tributes, not too late heart

click to see a compilation of my videos done for him