How do I save multiple props as one prop?

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've done a search but can't find a clear explanation of how to save multiple props as one prop that I can load into a scene. I am using the Green Screen environment. I have created a tripod with lights and power pack which are separate props and I want to save them as one prop to load into my scene. I have parented all the items together. When I try to save them as figure/prop assets only the tripod loads. I can't save them as a subscene because then everything in the scene is saved. I tried various suggestions posted on the forum but so far none have worked. How do I save all the props together?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I can’t save them as a subscene because then everything in the scene is saved.

When you save as a Scene Subset, you get a screen called Scene Subset Save Options, and you select the items that you want to save from there
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I can’t save them as a subscene because then everything in the scene is saved.

When you save as a Scene Subset, you get a screen called Scene Subset Save Options, and you select the items that you want to save from there

Genius! I completely forgot about that.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This works even better, instead of Parenting all of it together do Create> New Group from your Props. Then do the Save As>Scene Subset. Here is why I prefer Groups, the Items are all movable as the Group, and each part in the group is still a single object that you can select and pose as needed without having to open the Parent and find the right item. It also uses less code than Parenting in Place does for multiple items.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    This works even better, instead of Parenting all of it together do Create> New Group from your Props. Then do the Save As>Scene Subset. Here is why I prefer Groups, the Items are all movable as the Group, and each part in the group is still a single object that you can select and pose as needed without having to open the Parent and find the right item. It also uses less code than Parenting in Place does for multiple items.

Ok, thanks! I'll give that a try. When items are parented I find I can't change each items size so maybe groups will work better for this.