Problem with pwShaders and Cameras?

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm having a problem in Daz studio. At first I thought it was if i used the perspective cameras- such as front, top, etc. If I used those perspective to render, the picture renders black. A regular camera does the same thing if I turn off perspective. This leads me to think that the shaders rely on some kind of depth perspective to work, but it REALLY bothers me, because I can't get the same look using perspective and a lot of toon images LOOK way better without perspective but the toon shader won't work.

Really super frustrated!!! :( Anyone know a work around for this?

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The camera shouldn't effect shaders at all. Lighting does.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Camera definitely DOES affect- specifically the perspective setting on the camera. No lights in the scene at all- toons often don't need it. but if i render with perspective on it works fine, but if i render with perspective OFF it renders the figures black.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"No lights in the scene at all"
    "but if i render with perspective OFF it renders the figures black"

Hmm wonder why.

The camera you use should make no difference, if it does studio is more F'ed up then I thought.
    Personally I steer clear of perspective cameras because they always gives a render a fish eye look.

To me is seems if there are no lights in the scene yet the prospective camera renders as if there is, there is a bug in it, because it shouldn't. With no lights in the scene it should render black regardless of what camera you are using.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050
    edited July 2012

In DS when you don't add lights to the scene it uses default lighting, which is a no-shadows distant light oriented in the same way as the camera.

Post edited by Leana on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Leana, I'm aware of that.

I just don't get why the same camera, renders fine with perspective ON, and renders black with perspective off. Its a real bummer!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited December 1969

It does sound like a bug, so i would make a report. If you are wanting to render without lights try parenting a distant light to your camera, with Parent in place off so it matches the camera's rotation, with luck that will work and give you the same behaviour as the "head lamp" DS uses with no lights.