Can't download Daz Studio

katlynn.endecottkatlynn.endecott Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Everytime i try to download Daz it will either say 404 Not Found, or it will start to download and get to about 75 % and then say network error. I've tried clearing my cache but i dont know what else to do? Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it?

Thank you

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Have you tried using a different browser?

• katlynn.endecottkatlynn.endecott Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yes i tried using a different browser and it still didnt work, but i noticed that all of them stop at exactly 728.

• katlynn.endecottkatlynn.endecott Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm having problems when i'm trying to download Daz Studio, It will either take me to a 404 not found page or it will start downloading and then ill get a network error about 3/4 of the way threw the download. I have downloaded it before but i had to re-install it. I'm using Chrome to download it but I've also tried Internet Explorer. I've cleared my cache and it still didn't work, I've tried to google it and i cant seem to find anything to fix it. If anyone could help i would really appreciate it. Thank you.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

If you are try to download ZIP files try to use FireFox.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Merged the two threads on this issue. If you wish, we can move this to the Commons.

• budwinbudwin Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

This is still happening. I been trying to download daz3d 4.5 for two days now. I used 3 browsers and cleared my cookies and cache.
    Still getting the Network Error when trying to download anything from Daz. Its gets to around 80 to 120mb before it stops and says the error.
    I noticed its not downloading at the rate it should be, its very slow. Is there anyway to fix this?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering...most of these issues are similar but not very widespread, but the network error seems to crop up in many of them.

So what is the common problem?

One problem, similar but clearly identifiable is AV interference...namely Symantec products 'eating' the download. This doesn't exclude other AV products from interfering in some manner, just that the Symantec/Norton issue is 'known'.

Another potential commonality...ISP interference.

A third potential...operating system problem.

So, check your AV...whitelist or temporarily disable it for this download only (or try an alternate AV), try something in the same size range from somewhere else...streaming video from Hulu or something...if it buffers a lot, then there is likely some kind of ISP/network problem on your end. Same goes for the last item...but can be a bit harder to pin down, specifically. If on Windows, make sure you are malware 'clean'...

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I was downloading installers last night for some products I bought over the weekend. I had a couple of the downloads fail and I needed to start them over. Also the web site went down for a few minutes in the middle of downloading. I suspect the DAZ store servers are experiencing a heavier load than normal because of the sales over the weekend.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Actually, I suspect that most sites are experiencing slowdowns/poor downloads because of the onslaught of spam/bots over the weekend. I haven't seen this much bot activity in several years. And a lot of it is targeting e-commerce sites...and all of that activity, whether or not it actually is getting through to the site, does take its toll on available bandwidth.