14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc.exe = Virus??

WilburPostWilburPost Posts: 43
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Whenever I download the freebie "14581_RealTanksContainers_1.1_dpc.exe" my Norton AV identifies it as being a threat called "WS.Reputation.1" and deletes the download. What's up?

Thanks.

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Known problem with over-zealous false positive. I believe the solution is to turn off your AV while downloading and installing. The file safe and okay to run.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Known problem with over-zealous false positive. I believe the solution is to turn off your AV while downloading and installing. The file safe and okay to run.
    You should also be able to customize nortons to make exceptions for the daz installers I know I could when I had this problem with kaspersky
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

AS has been said this is a known problem when downloading from Daz, using Norton AV. THe problem is you Norton is saying that not enough donwloads of htis type, so it doesn't recognise it, hence says it MAY be a suspicious file. You should be able to find the file in your quarantined files and move it from there to run it. Once you have downloaded enough Daz files for Norton to recognise them the problem will go away.

Another solution is to use another AV. There are a few good free ones around, that you can try to see if you like them before buying a subscription.

Post edited by Chohole on