UV changes when scene reopened

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

This is so frustrating! I'm using DS 4 Pro. When I reopen a saved scene, the character's UV map sometimes has changed and all the skin looks wrong. This happened yesterday with M5. His skin was mapped to Kids 4. I know this has been discussed before, and I thought the answer was to click the padlock icon on the UV surface and lock it. But that did not help. Even though the UV was locked on M5, it came back as Kids 4 when reopened. ARGHHHHH. I can't find the previous thread(s), because the forum search won't let me search for UV, because UV is only 2 letters long. ARGHHHHH again! Has anyone found a fix for this, or is it just a known bug that I have to live with?

Comments

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

I have the same issue, although I've gotten used to it. Still be interested to hear if there is a cure for it.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

What version of DS4? 4.0.2.37?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    What version of DS4? 4.0.2.37?

Adam, I am using 4.0.3.47, which I believe is the latest version (other the the 4.5 RC, of course. I haven't tried it).
    edited December 1969

I've had it with all versions of ds4 pro I'e used, possibly even with ds4a before that, i can't recall.

edited December 1969

genejoke said:
    I've had it with all versions of ds4 pro I'e used, possibly even with ds4a before that, i can't recall.

Do you mean "I've had it", as in the problem has occurred, or "I've had it", as in I'm totally fed up and refuse to use it ever again? --- or BOTH?
    :lol:
    edited December 1969

As in I've had the problem with all versions. still using it the program.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited July 2012

You might try resetting and redownloading Genesis Evolution everything (seriously, anything with the words "Genesis" and "Evolution"), as well as the Gen4 Shapes. Also MS-Lycan, if you have it. I had that problem -- mostly with the Michaels -- and it got much much worse after I installed MS-Lycan. (Lycan HATES Michaels. Any of them. All of them. Seems to be moderately indifferent to Victoriae.)

However, all of Genesis Evolution whatevers and the Shapes have been updated relatively recently -- I think for version 4.5 compatibility, but I'm not sure -- and they seem to have carried along some UV fixes in the bargain. MS-Lycan has also been updated to release version 1.1 (I think) to 1.4. The problem hasn't completely gone away, but it's much much less frequent since I updated.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    You might try resetting and redownloading Genesis Evolution everything (seriously, anything with the words "Genesis" and "Evolution"), as well as the Gen4 Shapes. Also MS-Lycan, if you have it. I had that problem -- mostly with the Michaels -- and it got much much worse after I installed MS-Lycan. (Lycan HATES Michaels. Any of them. All of them. Seems to be moderately indifferent to Victoriae.)

However, all of Genesis Evolution whatevers and the Shapes have been updated relatively recently -- I think for version 4.5 compatibility, but I'm not sure -- and they seem to have carried along some UV fixes in the bargain. MS-Lycan has also been updated to release version 1.1 (I think) to 1.4. The problem hasn't completely gone away, but it's much much less frequent since I updated.

I reset and downloaded and got these files:
    12992_GenesisEvolutionHeadMorphs_1.4_trx.exe
    12994_GenesisEvolutionBodyMorphs_1.3_trx.exe
    13079_V4andM4ShapesforGenesis_1.2_trx.exe
    But these are the version numbers I already had downloaded and installed. I got the evolution morphs in February and the shapes in April. I don't remember whether I ever updated them before, but I don't think so. Since the versions match, I didn't reinstall them now. They wouldn't have changed without changing the version number, would they? I don't have MS-Lycan. I really don't have a very large library, because I've only been using DAZ Studio since February 2012.
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I'm using 4.5 RC3 and I can't say I've noticed the issue. I've been on 4.5 for awhile now though.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

I reset and downloaded and got these files:
    12992_GenesisEvolutionHeadMorphs_1.4_trx.exe
    12994_GenesisEvolutionBodyMorphs_1.3_trx.exe
    13079_V4andM4ShapesforGenesis_1.2_trx.exe
    But these are the version numbers I already had downloaded and installed. I got the evolution morphs in February and the shapes in April. I don't remember whether I ever updated them before, but I don't think so. Since the versions match, I didn't reinstall them now. They wouldn't have changed without changing the version number, would they? I don't have MS-Lycan. I really don't have a very large library, because I've only been using DAZ Studio since February 2012.

Ah, OK. In that case, I got nothin', I'm afraid. I thought it was fixed with the updates, but maybe the issue is installing something that resets UVs. Sorry I can't be more help.