GND Genesis?

TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Can we please lure Blackhearted to Daz and get him/her to do us a clone for Anastasia and Shae... please?
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=90528&&AID;=408
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=93500
:)

Comments

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    In the meantime, do you have GND4?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-girl-next-door-4-athletic/63124

She has been updated to take advantage of Poser 9/2012, but the classic maps are usable in DS3 & 4.

No, but thanks. Being V4 she could be brought to Genesis via GenX too... :cheese:

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

If it says V4 I assume it would.
    Skin surfaces might be the only problem? though usually you just have to turn the diffuse from that light-blue to white, if there's a problem.

• surrealitysurreality Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you peek at some of the threads about GND, you'll be able to see that the recent update was to bring the V4 version more in line with the Anastasia one. :) He did a truly beautiful job of it, too. So with the current V4 version, you will be able to get the morph relatively close to the Anastasia look. Exact won't ever happen since the mesh itself is different, but the GND4 set is a great place to start with GenX.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited December 1969

I love all Blackhearted GND Products
    They are good quality for sure.
    GND4 does render in Daz studio. But all the GND Anastasia products requires Poser Alyson model and Daz does not support Alyson.. I have tried a few times to import her as a obj but it never comes out right .

anyway here are a few pin-ups i did of GND4 for V4 in her new Bikini
    I created custom lip color and nail polish.

Black_heart_GND_-_03_-.jpg
    800 x 1080 - 48K
    Black_heart_GND_-_01.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 117K
  • RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

This thread reminded me to ask:

Is anyone aware whether Anastasia and Alyson have ever been made available in DAZ-compatible versions? They're both very appealing characters, but not worth investing in Poser for. I have had great success with GND 2 and 4 in DAZ, and it seems a pity not to have access to the other two Poser characters.

• That is what happens with proprietary stuff. Only will work on one system Poser. If the companies would just stop with the corporate greed and just sell the customers what they want. I use Blackhearted's stuff all the time and they are great products work better in Poser, it is one of the reasons I upgraded to Poser Pro 11, first it was on sale and second the Superfly render engine lets me put both my new Xenon 8 core to good use and use my shiney new Zotex Nvidia 1070 with 3 Fans to render stuff. He has a pack of eyes (These are Replacement Geometry, I hate Genesis 3 Eyes) with textures for V3 that I purchsed from him and I'm gonna see if I can convert for use in Genesis 3.

BlackEyes.jpg
    800 x 600 - 108K
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

That is what happens with proprietary stuff. Only will work on one system Poser. If the companies would just stop with the corporate greed and just sell the customers what they want.

It would be great if the two systems were 100% compatible but they never really were, even back in the old days. The materials for Poser had to be heavily tweaked to look best in DAZ studio and the procedural ones wouldn't work at all (and vice versa). IK didn't work in DAZ. Et cetera.  They coexisted as seperate but mostly compatible (but not entirely) apps.

At some point though the state of the art was moving past the old style of rigging and DAZ studio and Poser were getting to be archaic. Weight mapping was clearly the way to go but what format? Originally DAZ had adopted the well established poser rigging for commonality but in this case there wasn't a firmly established poser format.  So DAZ got ahead of poser with their own system. Then poser did their own thing. And here we are.  Throw in Iray materials vs Superfly and things are all going in different directions.  But t wasn't about greed in my opinion, but rather both companies chasing technology in different ways.

It's a shame that compatibility has taken a step backwards but that was the price we paid for getting these advances. Maybe the two tools will resync at some point if one clearly starts to dominate (like poser was when DAZ originally started and embraced posers formats).

• That is what happens with proprietary stuff. Only will work on one system Poser. If the companies would just stop with the corporate greed and just sell the customers what they want.

It would be great if the two systems were 100% compatible but they never really were, even back in the old days. The materials for Poser had to be heavily tweaked to look best in DAZ studio and the procedural ones wouldn't work at all (and vice versa). IK didn't work in DAZ. Et cetera.  They coexisted as seperate but mostly compatible (but not entirely) apps.

At some point though the state of the art was moving past the old style of rigging and DAZ studio and Poser were getting to be archaic. Weight mapping was clearly the way to go but what format? Originally DAZ had adopted the well established poser rigging for commonality but in this case there wasn't a firmly established poser format.  So DAZ got ahead of poser with their own system. Then poser did their own thing. And here we are.  Throw in Iray materials vs Superfly and things are all going in different directions.  But t wasn't about greed in my opinion, but rather both companies chasing technology in different ways.

It's a shame that compatibility has taken a step backwards but that was the price we paid for getting these advances. Maybe the two tools will resync at some point if one clearly starts to dominate (like poser was when DAZ originally started and embraced posers formats).

I think where DAZ got ahead of Poser was not only providing a superior model with more advanced weight mapped rigging, but also by providing 90%+ of the tools needed to convert static models into poseable ones at no cost.