"Creature' legs for genesis: Do they exist?

Dare ArkinDare Arkin Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in New Users

I'm wondering if there's anything out there like this set, specifically those inverse animal legs, ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-4-creature-creator-morphs/ ) for Genesis yet. I checked the genesis creature set and while it shows something with leg kinda like that in the last image ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-creature-creator-bodies/ ) but... it's not actually included in the set, if you look at the 'what's included' page.

Is there a set like that, and I'm just not seeing it, or something? Or has it yet to come out?

Also, is there a 'tails' set for genesis? You know, for less human creatures? It'd kinda help, after all...

Post edited by Dare Arkin on

Comments

• Dare ArkinDare Arkin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Note; BruteX has similar legs to what I'm after. Unfortunately, you have to also have the -entire- BruteX figure to get it- huge bulging muscles and strange face included. But that's the best example aside from M4/V4 creature creator I can find.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited July 2012

I've done This creature hoof morph/conformer combo set at Rendo. I keep planning to go back and do paws, too, as it has sold well, I just keep getting distracted (I blame Fuseling and Marieah). ;)

For my future reference, what kind of tails are you looking for, and what kind of features do you consider essential? Would you buy a pack of separate tail types, or would you want it to be one "supertail?"

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited July 2012

I'd LOVE to have that in feet. Honestly, I prefer the 'supertail' idea; as much as I understand all the works that goes into this stuff, the idea of having to buy each and every single item independently is... less than appealing.

the "Essential" features, at least for what I'm doing, are: Compatibility with stuff that'd work with the old M4/V4 creature creator compatible textures, the ability to curl it in a few different shapes, and maybe a few shape morphs for random species.

In essence I'm looking for the M4/V4 character creator tails. They had all the features I needed (Flexibiilty, some shaping) and they were made for the old raw katz (Did I spell that one right?) set. The thing is, I'd love to use 'em on Genesis cos I'd like to have- you know- clothing and such on my characters- and since genesis morphs it to fit, I thought I'd found exactly what I needed. but I can't get the morphs nor the tail to work...

edited December 1969

Honestly though, the beast-style leg morphs are really the bigger issue; I'd love the tail, but without the legs I kinda hafta render from the waist up, hah.

edited July 2012

oh! I have to mention, If you do make this- do you plan to make the paw-foot part a morph, or just an addon...?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

I use the creature creator tail with Genesis, parent it to the hip instead of autofitting.
    Raw's Demon character has a seperate dial for the legs and hooves.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rae-el-the-demon/
    Tobias also has a seperate leg dial
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q= tobias
    Tobias is being removed from the market place soon see here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4401/

edited July 2012

before I buy Tobias since I can't really afford to buy and find out it won't work- do you know if there's -any- way to tone down the size of the feet? Those things are freakin' huge for what I'm trying. It MIGHT work but...

(Sadly the Demon has hooves; I need feet/paws. ><)</p>

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

I'm wondering if there's anything out there like this set, specifically those inverse animal legs

You could try this -

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/anubis/

It has a seperate morph for the legs :)

edited December 1969

That -would- be almost perfect. Catch is I can't spend thirty bucks on one morph.

Actually I don't think I could afford thirty bucks for just about anything, right now...

edited December 1969

I hear ya! Only saving grace is that it's a DAZ original so bound to go on sale at some point, just not right now if you are time sensitive :(

edited July 2012

So I have a friend who's purchased this morph, and he let me play around with it on his pc. But it doesn't actually have separate leg morphs... he just as 'entire genesis' morph, basically. am I missing something? Did he botch the install?

I want to know, so I don't save up and buy something that won't work, hah. I've done it before...

And, I know this might get me banned or something. But how do they decide on the cost of these things? I mean, I don't get what makes one morph worth thirty bucks, and one worth twelve. I mean, I get that a lot of effort went into this, and it shows- but thirty bucks? that seems really, really steep to me.

edited December 1969

Don't know if the install is botched or not, however, the filehas been updated several times so maybe the sperate ones were added at a later date.

Here's a pic showing the morph in action and where it is located.

Anubis.jpg
    800 x 578 - 118K
    edited December 1969

odd, His copy doesn't -have- that. It has this under legs.

Glitch.png
    1280 x 984 - 223K
    edited December 1969

Like I said the Anubis file has been updated several times, my current version is 1.7. Not sure that is relevant but might be worth checking. The product page lists the morphs as being seperate so it is definitely meant to be there.

Also what version of Studio is being run? Again, not sure if it makes a difference but I have yet to 'upgrade' to 4.5.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439
    edited December 1969

See if it's there in the Parameters tab, under Actor->Lower Body->Legs. Some of the recent 4.5.x versions have had issues with morphs not showing up in the Shaping tab.

edited December 1969

in response to both; he's running whatever the latest one you get free off the main site is; we both grabbed it around the same time. And no, nothing under parameters. I poked around in his library and there's no PBM for legs. It's as if he didn't get one. Is it possible that he never updated the product? Was the 'legs' morph added later?

edited December 1969

Was the 'legs' morph added later?

I have no idea sorry. Probably best just to get him to download the latest file from his itemised history and see if it's there then.