Struggling with morph on Michael 6

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I have a problem with the ridge of the septum from Michael 6: its shape doesn't feel right.
The figure I have has been adjusted with lots of dials but the septum bump I couldn't change within DAZ Studio, so I imported the figure into Hexagon.
After adjusting the septum I tried reimporting it through the Pro Morph Loader onto G2M.
But now when I change the pose either the tongue comes out or the fingers get waaay too long!
Never had this problem before but the angle on the septum is bugging me a lot so I am determined to find a solution!
Any ideas are welcome :)

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    I have a problem with the ridge of the septum from Michael 6: its shape doesn't feel right.
    The figure I have has been adjusted with lots of dials but the septum bump I couldn't change within DAZ Studio, so I imported the figure into Hexagon.
    After adjusting the septum I tried reimporting it through the Pro Morph Loader onto G2M.
    But now when I change the pose either the tongue comes out or the fingers get waaay too long!
    Never had this problem before but the angle on the septum is bugging me a lot so I am determined to find a solution!
    Any ideas are welcome :)

Okay ... I do not have M6 but in morphing G2M did some work with other morphs I do have.
    If one morphs G2M, then reduces the resolution and mesh to "0' and "base" and sends it via the Bridge to Hexagon >
    make the morph >
    via the Bridge send it back to D/S to the morphed G2M with reduced resolution and mesh >
    Make the morph checking off the options to reverse shapes and change perhaps one or two of the following options {when reversing, I tend to change deltas only, whatever that means} >
    Dial in the morph and up the resolution and increase the smoothing level >
    Should be working correctly.
    Zero new morph and then save it.

IF you want to send the morphed item to D/S to an unmorphed G2M, the one you sent to Hexagon must have "no" other morphs to start with either.

Some poses are made with morphs so to make our own new morphs look right, one can end up making quite a few extra morphs "reversing" shapes to get a better look. Sometimes it's easier to just make some new poses from scratch for the new figure(s).