More, more and more problems

JavPJavP Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

1- I posted an old topic http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3485/
No solution, and I reinstalled XP as new in a new hard disk.

2- I founded more problems that I posted in a second topic http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4031/
No response, no solution.

3- As I can't pass the forms from Hexagon ( reinstalling again ) to DAZ4, I had to save one by one all the objects to can use them separated in DAZ.
Now I try to render in DAZ 4 at level 4. Impossible. Level 3. No. Level 2. crash again.

DAZStudio.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll" at 001B:7C812AFB, RaiseException()+82 byte(s)

EAX=6B34F984 EBX=6CDC27F8 ECX=00000000 EDX=0CB38A18
ESI=6B34FA0C EDI=0CB37E54 FLG=00000206
EBP=6B34F9D4 ESP=6B34F980 EIP=7C812AFB
CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000

FInish message of the render's log:
Rendering image
3Delight message #42 (Severity 2): P1038: RI_FOV out of range, setting to 90 degrees

Will I can work ? In my company we pay to the dummies. I am working for nothing since 5th of this month.

Javier

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

1. My guess, since you mention Spanish and German problems, is the problem lies with UNICODE. Do not use accents (such as ninas on n or ´ on o) in directory names that are used by DAZ products nor for Medal or Honor (and most games, actually).
    2. You did get responses there, actually; as Mike was about to say, point your DS4 Content folders to the same folders as DS3 (Edit->Preferences->Directories tab in DS3 and pressing the large button at the bottom of that tab under DS4). Also, install DS before Hexagon, in general, since there is a file in DS that needs to be updated to know where Hexagon has been installed.
    3. That looks ugly. It may be a bug in DS but it looks more like a problem in XP to me. To rule out the former, try reducing field of view of your camera to something smaller.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Did you submit a bug report? That is the way to go for DAZ tech support - the forums are community driven.

No, the bug reports are a way to report issues to the developers so they can be investigated and fixed in later builds (or to ask for new features to be added). A bug report isn't a good way of getting support as QA doesn't have time to explain how to work through a non-bug issue. If you want support you should open a ZenDesk support ticket (Help>Contact Us at the top of this page).

• JavPJavP Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Hi and thank you for your responses. At this level the problem is how to recover hundreds of hours of work, and explain to some people why I am not finishing that work at time.

Cridgit, yes, I sended yesterday my first bug report refered to the rendering crash.

Redave, yes I am developper and I have a lot of care in don't use special letters from my regional alphabet to name folders or files. I know that is dangerous.

About your third point, is a memory crash. No doubt about that. The question is... what more do you need ? New hard disk, new XP, all new. And the only program that faills is DAZ. I reinstall Hexagon again, and persist the bridge broken.

About your second point, yes I added this directories to the directory manager. But the problem as you can see at the end posts, is that at the moment of load the scene, the log reports errors show that it does not find the files in the path where it search. Is a very rare situation. I explain:

1- I begin to work ober DAZ 3.5 All right... except the render problem with a DLL library. Scenes saved in 3_0 subfolder.
    2- I install DAZ 4 OVER DAZ 3.5 All right... except render problem with other library. Scenes saved in 3_0 folder.
    3- Since one day, the problem with the library goes worst with the problem with UNICODE.
    4- I change disk and reinstall all as CLEAN. This is... 4 clean, but with access to the old 3.5 / 4 folders rescued from a backup.

Well now ( point 4 ) I can load the old scenes created with my first 3.5 alone. Bot none of the scenes created while I was working with 4 installed over 3.5.

Why ?

Because the logs shows that it include in the search a subfolder at the first part of the path that I don't have. "4_0_2".
    As Mike explained, copy the content of "3_0" to "4_0_2". I did it. I created the 4_0_2 and copied the content from 3_0 to there. But there is another surprise. At the last part of the same path it include a subfolder name like "/geometry_f8f352ec_d61b_58d4_4194_05d7c3ed0143/" that don't appears in none place of my new / old disks. And I didn't put that name... of course ! Daz did it.

Why ? I don't know. It is like the scenes saved in the time of work with 4 over 3.5 was making a "conversion" of the path at the moment of load / save the scenes. And now the 4 clean, does not make it, and can't load the same scenes. It don't search in the folders that I put in the content manager.

Javier

edited December 1969

Sorry... IT FINDS THE SCENE in the content manager. What does not find are the props. For example I can load Genesis in a new scene. But it does not find the Genesis included in one of this recorded scenes.

Javier

edited December 1969

Well... I see in bugs.daz3d.com that there are other persons with similar problems. In different problems. One of them opened since February !!
    This is not serious.

Javier

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited July 2012

JavP said:

About your third point, is a memory crash. No doubt about that. The question is... what more do you need ? New hard disk, new XP, all new. And the only program that faills is DAZ. I reinstall Hexagon again, and persist the bridge broken. The error when DS runs out of memory during a render is different from a kernel32.dll error. See image attached below (C++ Redistributable Runtime Error). So the problem appears to be with your XP install (i.e. a non-DS handle sucking up memory). Regarding Hexagon, locate a file named dzinstall.ini which is either in Program Files/Common FIles/DAZ or in Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D (on Vista, sorry I don't have an XP here, although I remember it's slightly different on XP); both are hidden folders, so make sure to make them visible. Open either and add a line under [ApplicationPath] that says:
    dzHexagon2InstallDir=C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2 (or wherever Hexagon is)
    I also have the following line under [InstalledApplicationKeys]:
    dzHexagon2AppData=C:\Users\Frugolotto\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2, although I'm not sure what it does.

JavP said:

About your second point, yes I added this directories to the directory manager. But the problem as you can see at the end posts, is that at the moment of load the scene, the log reports errors show that it does not find the files in the path where it search. Is a very rare situation. I explain:

1- I begin to work ober DAZ 3.5 All right... except the render problem with a DLL library. Scenes saved in 3_0 subfolder.
    2- I install DAZ 4 OVER DAZ 3.5 All right... except render problem with other library. Scenes saved in 3_0 folder.
    3- Since one day, the problem with the library goes worst with the problem with UNICODE.
    4- I change disk and reinstall all as CLEAN. This is... 4 clean, but with access to the old 3.5 / 4 folders rescued from a backup.

DS4 and 3 are made to be run side by side, as long as they are in different install folders, both can reference very easily each other Content, which is done as explained already in previous posts. Installing one on top of the other will ensure you have the wrong version of some plug-ins (all those that have an active handle) which won't work at all with the wrong version of DS, unless you make a reboot between uninstall and reinstall. In any event as you found out, it's not designed to be used like that. It's likely that DS4 data folder (I'm talking about the dso, dsv etc located inside the data folder, not the scene files, which I know for a fact aren't backward-compatible) will not be available in DS3, but I haven't checked. To make sure they can be read by both versions, save all your scenes in DS3. I don't like that DS adds new version-based subfolders to the data folder each time, but that's the way DAZ3D has decided it is going to work.

Well now ( point 4 ) I can load the old scenes created with my first 3.5 alone. Bot none of the scenes created while I was working with 4 installed over 3.5. Why ? Because the logs shows that it include in the search a subfolder at the first part of the path that I don't have. "4_0_2".
    As Mike explained, copy the content of "3_0" to "4_0_2". I did it. I created the 4_0_2 and copied the content from 3_0 to there. But there is another surprise. At the last part of the same path it include a subfolder name like "/geometry_f8f352ec_d61b_58d4_4194_05d7c3ed0143/" that don't appears in none place of my new / old disks. And I didn't put that name... of course ! Daz did it. Why ? I don't know. It is like the scenes saved in the time of work with 4 over 3.5 was making a "conversion" of the path at the moment of load / save the scenes. And now the 4 clean, does not make it, and can't load the same scenes. It don't search in the folders that I put in the content manager. Javier
    When you save a scene in DS, it checks if it has the files in Native format in the data subfolder(s), if the files aren't already there they are saved under the first folder listed as Native Content in the Content Directory Manager. However as my 4_0_2 data subfolder is located rather surprisingly under C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio4\content\data, there must have been a bug: you need to locate where it is on XP and add that folder to your Content Library. DS 4.5 RC2 has gone back to the normal folders.
    DS4_Crash_Error.png
    1200 x 738 - 204K
    Post edited by ReDave on