locating "lost" containing folders for content

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does anybody know of a way to find what content library folder contains a given content thumbnail, or have another way to find otherwise "lost" content within your custom Categories? For some reason some of my custom categories are empty, and I don't know where I put the contents. If I search for the product name I can find a few bits of it, so I know it's categorized SOMEWHERE. I don't know what every content thumbnail is named so I can't just recategorize it from the search results. I tried deleting the entire product's runtime in Windows and reinstalling it to trick it into going back to unassigned so I could find it, but that didn't work.

Comments

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

If you right click on one of the related product thumbnails and then select "browse to file location" this will show you the folder it's in and hopefully the other parts of the product will be in there too, so then you'll know what trail to follow and what the other bits are called.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I'll need to go re-read-up on my poser and DS filename extension meanings.

Is the content displayed in the Content LIbrary always going to be the exact filenames used, or are there exceptions to that rule? And weren't there some content thumbnails that actually represented both poser and DS materials combined into a single thumbnail?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I totally forgot that if you categorize content, it will highlight the folders it is in, so you can locate it that way. Painfully obvious now of course, but I'm happy to report that I was able to locate where I had misplaced the content.