Strange Grey Blocks upon loading saved scene?!?

WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have noticed sometimes I get strange grey blocks in place of a piece of content upon loading a saved scene. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, any idea what causes it, and any solutions?

Comments

• edited December 1969

Are you using DS 4.5? This sounds strangely like what Vue does (for those without either the importer or a high end version) ie the software loads a dummy placeholder instead of the content. Depending on the content you may have either found a bug or it may be intended behavior ( copy protection) to stop someone from loading a product without current metadata.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Window > Tabs > Tool Settings. Under "Draw Style", set Manipulation to Off. Each tool has it's own setting, so it may be set differently for Node Selection, Universal, etc.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

As evilgidget says, 4.5 uses place-holders sized for an item's bounding box if iot can't find the actual content. Of course if you are opening scenes on the machine they were created on there shouldn't be missing content, unless you've changed the directory set up. If you are losing scene eleemnts when you shouldn't be, what OS are you running and what are your content directories?

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

As evilgidget says, 4.5 uses place-holders sized for an item's bounding box if iot can't find the actual content. Of course if you are opening scenes on the machine they were created on there shouldn't be missing content, unless you've changed the directory set up. If you are losing scene eleemnts when you shouldn't be, what OS are you running and what are your content directories?

Thanks all for the comments.
    I think it usually occurs when I open a scene I created on the same machine using DS3A and opening in DS4.5.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is the first DAZ Studio Format content folder fro DS3 listed in DS4 as well? That's where the Data files get saved.