.daz to .duf files

fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

It seems that all Scene files up to but not including 4.5 are saved with the file extension .daz; files saved in 4.5 have the extension .duf.

I can load my .daz Scene files in 4.5 but when I save them, new files with the same name but with the new .duf extension are created.

Some of these new .duf filescan subsequently be loaded in 4.5 without any problem but not always. Occasionally, the characters and their apparel literally "explode" Transformer-like and cannot be recovered.

Why?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,216
    edited December 1969

The aim is for .duf to replace .daz. It has several advantages in the long run. Remember that the currently available version of 4.5 is a beta, albeit a late beta (Release candidate in DAZ-speak), so we may hope that many of the issues with .daz scenes resaved as .duf will be resolved in the final version of 4.5. At least you know your .daz files are untouched, so you have the option to go back to the original if need be.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

I had the same issue on some scenes I made with DS4. It seems that the problem is with some converted items CCT that I parented to genesis if I remember right

As soon as I deleted the faulty item I got things back to normal.