collada export issues

jayburn00jayburn00 Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi I'm trying to export a file as a .dae file but it always gives me an error message and when I go to the log file, it says failed to export file....(filename and directories).... unhandled exception and then it says this
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzActionMgr)
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for DzActionMgr)
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 5 unknown for DzActionMgr)
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 6 unknown for DzActionMgr)
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 7 unknown for DzActionMgr)
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 9 unknown for DzActionMgr)

I am pretty sure its not a bug but something I am doing wrong, but I don't know what. Does subelements mean it can't do clothes in .dae? Or something like that? What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

Those are interface errors, not errors relating to the content. What is in the scene you are trying to export? I can't recall if Genesis is yet supported - it certainly wasn't initially. Also, what version of DS are you using?

• jaycenorninjaycenornin Posts: 2
    edited May 2012

I'm getting an error also on export to dae, the log file tells me:

Error occurred while exporting file. See the log file for details.
    Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0xffffffffffffffff
    Failed to export file: C:\DEV\Models\victoria5.dae
    Unhandled exception during operation

If I watch the export progress, it will start to go, then appear to pause, then I get the "Not Responding" note in the title bar, and then it comes back the progress bar completes and I get the error message popup "Error occurred while exporting file. See the log file for details."

Interestingly enough, it does randomly succeed if I keep trying (definition of stupidity: doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results - but it works!). I can't narrow it down to any export settings or environmental variables that might be letting it go through. But it has completed successfully for me twice (out of a hundred or so attempts).

Using DS Pro 4.0.3.47 64 bit on Win7 Ultimate x64. I'm only exporting a basic genesis female with some skin materials applied.

Since it might be of use to jayburn00 when he finally gets a successful export, perhaps somebody can explain why dae exports have significantly fewer vertices than obj exports? A difference of 79,059 > 19,296! I want the higher quality mesh but I don't want to have to fix all of the materials/textures and rerig it!

Post edited by jaycenornin on
    edited December 1969

The OBJ is exporting with SubD applied, the Collada file is using the base mesh (and presumably carrying the information that it should be sub divided on arrival).

• jaycenorninjaycenornin Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

The OBJ is exporting with SubD applied, the Collada file is using the base mesh (and presumably carrying the information that it should be sub divided on arrival).

Tremendously useful bit of information! Thanks! I was assuming the high poly mesh WAS the base mesh and the collada exporter was downsizing it.

Jayburn, sorry for hijacking your thread :( I thought my problem and yours might've been related.

• jayburn00jayburn00 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

I am using DAZ Studio 4 Professional. the model is using victoria 4 content. The export progress gets to 2 or 3% before throwing an error.

edited December 1969

Well, that certainly should work. Exactly which version of DS is this - Help>About DAZ Studio?

• jayburn00jayburn00 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

version is 4.0.3.47 64 bit professional.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited May 2012

I have seen no report that Collada export of Genesis was improved (which would make it supported ;) ), so I wouldn't expect it to work yet, at least not officially. However I did try to export a naked Genesis with a simple animation and it actually worked.

Post edited by ReDave on
  • atome451atome451 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem when exporting in Collada .DAE format..
    It works fine with an older model like Victoria 4 but with a Genesis model, i receive the same error :

Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0xffffffffffffffff
    Failed to export file: C:\...\Documents\Mes Projets\test_poser\marvelous\test.dae
     Unhandled exception during operation

Daz 3D version : 4.0.3.047 (64 bits)
    Tested running it as administrator too.

Thanks for your help

• edited December 1969

I'm getting an error as well using the genesis model and trying to export Collada:

"Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to write memory at address 0x00000000"

64-bit 4.0.3.47

• edited December 1969

shawnlau said:
    I'm getting an error as well using the genesis model and trying to export Collada:

"Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to write memory at address 0x00000000"

64-bit 4.0.3.47

Hi, exactly this also happens to me, when exporting Genesis to Collada. Works fine with V4 e.g.
    I made several test, a "blank" Genesis exported fine (incl. import to Vue), no such luck with a texured and/or dresed one.

- Lars

• VargaPDVargaPD Posts: 26

I am trying to import an own obj, which yesterday worked fine T_T

Error importing file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0xffffffffffffffff