Default location of TEMP folder in DAZ

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a small SSD which has my Windows 7 operating system on it, but I'm trying to keep all of my programs off there so it doesn't fill up.

I changed my DAZ Temp folder location but didn't write down the original location on C:

Does anyone know what the default location is so I can go and delete that TEMP folder so it's not chewing up any space.(forgot if it was in AppData either local or roaming??)

Thanks

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

Just hit the Default button next to it to get the folder path.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Guess I should have noticed that . . .

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Be careful when choosing a new folder. I tried it once with DS 3 and it deleted the entire contents of the folder to use it for DS. It happened to be my main modelling folder, and I had to do a disk recovery to get everything back again!

mac

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

sounds painful - I sometimes rename folders instead of deleting them right away, just to make sure it doesn't mess up any functionality

Trying to proceed with care and ask questions first instead of trying to fix things later.

edited December 1969

maclean said:
    Be careful when choosing a new folder. I tried it once with DS 3 and it deleted the entire contents of the folder to use it for DS. It happened to be my main modelling folder, and I had to do a disk recovery to get everything back again!

mac

I don't know why you'd have chosen a folder with contents already in it over creating a new folder just for daz's temp files.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    maclean said:

mac

I don't know why you'd have chosen a folder with contents already in it over creating a new folder just for daz's temp files.

It was my mistake. I was trying to get DS to import/export from one location and I clicked on the wrong thing. Doh!

mac

edited December 1969

Yowzer! Hopefully you didn't lose even more in the disk recovery. o_O

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

This brings back memories, at the time I was on a laptop with a tiny internal drive, being able to move the temp directory was my first feature request, and to date the only one they ever gave me a "thumbs up" over :lol:

• This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!  I don't know why Daz 4.9's AVI render has such a problem  But, now that I know the png files are all saved in the temp folder, I can use VirtualDub to reassemble the avi - albeit to a huge file for a 4 minute video.  At least, I know that the corrupted Daz output can still be reclaimed.