Olympia 6 HD Add-On???

2»

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Have that product and forgot that DAZ was way ahead even back then.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 2013

icprncss said:
    Mr Bowen said:
    Also, a bit expensive for an add on pack without new textures.

"A bit"... 40 bucks? I think its WAY over priced considering it's just a mesh.

What I'm waiting for is the HD character. The shape of the character is important and I love that DAZ has thought to make HD meshes but until we start to actually scan real human beings like Hollywood has been doing for years now, we are just rendering cartoons.

It could be an expensive project and maybe cost prohibitive until we consider the fact that there are models out there that would do it just for the sake of being immortalized at a reasonable cost.

Just my thoughts.

DAZ has already done that. Reby Sky is a real person in case you are not aware of it. It is expensive not to mention there a whole raft of legal ins and outs that have to be dealt with on all sides.

Since this was only done the one time, the experiment may not have proved to be as profitable as originally thought.

You just made a sale for DAZ cause I bought it. It doesn't hurt that she's on sale and I got a really good bargain, thanks for the heads up and keep up the GREAT WORK.

As soon as I downloaded it, I put Reba on a V6 HD mesh. Now your talking.

Thank you. Heads up folks.. you should buy her too. I hope DAZ continues the tradition and continues to makes a new character with the newly available technology. I want to be able to see the pores on her skin and (slightly altered) prints on her fingers.

reba1.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 805K
    Post edited by SnowPheonix on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

Actually the Reby scans, photo session and dunno what else used to be sold here as well. But it was a Randall Lloyd product and it was gone when he (unfortunately) left.

If you want to know more about Reby , there's her site rebysky which I better not link to.

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Actually the Reby scans, photo session and dunno what else used to be sold here as well. But it was a Randall Lloyd product and it was gone when he (unfortunately) left.

If you want to know more about Reby , there's her site rebysky which I better not link to.

So that explains why the Reby Sky Merchant Resource DVD disappeared. I would have thought DAZ would have done a buy out but guess not.

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

I'm just happy to have a realistic looking character. I have a new favorite for my runtime. :)

reba3.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 576K
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

The scan was only for the 3d mesh not for the textures. Those have been made like all other textures available in this store as well - someone with a camera walked around the model and took photos form all angles.

Jeremy for M4 has been made the same way - they scanned him for the mesh and used his photos for the texture.

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-elite-texture-jeremy
    http://www.fitnessatlantic.com/Jeremy-Scott-Williamson.htm

IIRC Dan Farr has been scanned for the original Michael too way back, they even made a 3d clone of his hair do too (Wedge Cut).

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

I'm just happy to have a realistic looking character. I have a new favorite for my runtime. :)

That doesn't look like the reby character at all. Maybe the spec being too high is throwing me off, or did you just put the texture on Genesis 2?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

That doesn't look like the reby character at all. Maybe the spec being too high is throwing me off, or did you just put the texture on Genesis 2?

For some odd reason, he likes to place random renders at the end of his posts, so probably not.

I like the Reby texture, but don't care for the morphs.

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

I put the texture on Vic 6 HD and now I've changed the eyes since V4 didn't have reflection maps on the eyes.

Its the textures I've been having issues with. Very few people can make good textures. You already know you make one of my favorite male textures. :)

reba4b.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 682K
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

Snow posted above that it was on an HD mesh. Reby Sky is only V4 and the Reby Sky shape for Genesis. Only HD meshes are G2F creatures, V6 and O6. I'm guessing it's the Reby Sky texture applied to V6 or O6. I know how to go through all the steps to get from Gensis to G2F without GenX but I don't know how or if HD makes a difference in that. The updated GenX isn't out yet.

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

For some odd reason, he likes to place random renders at the end of his posts, so probably not.

I like the Reby texture, but don't care for the morphs.

See, we do agree on something... the Reby texture is pretty AWESOME. I agree with you about the morph but to be honest, I didn't even give it a try... I just slapped it on V6 HD, changed the eyes and now I have my new girl.

A good texture can make all the difference. GIGO

reba4c.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 676K
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Hellboy said:

Snow posted above that it was on an HD mesh. Reby Sky is only V4 and the Reby Sky shape for Genesis. Only HD meshes are G2F creatures, V6 and O6. I'm guessing it's the Reby Sky texture applied to V6 or O6. I know how to go through all the steps to get from Gensis to G2F without GenX but I don't know how or if HD makes a difference in that. The updated GenX isn't out yet.

To me personally, the HD mesh makes all the difference because it allows a lot of subtle variations like the crease at the top of the lip being more realistic... I wouldn't buy a lot of them myself because once you have the basic mesh you can use Zev0's morphs to alter the appearance while still keeping those subtle differences.

Personally, I just load the textures onto Genesis, save the materials and then reload them onto VIC 6 HD. That way I get to have the brilliant 'elite' texures and the shape that looks real to me.

I think Male-M3dia is one of the few people I like to watch for stand out work in skin textures and I have to respect his talent as an artist.

reba4e.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 636K