missing morphs?

niko-2401984niko-2401984 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

i just downloaded and installed Daz studio and it automatically downloaded more content, like Genesis 2 starter or something like that. so i started with a Genesis 2 figure, but i don't have the morphs that show in the tutorial video - those that make people skinny, fat and so on. in the tutorial they seem to be listed under "Universal" - i don't have such a folder what so ever.

i also don't have V4 or any models other than Genesis 2 male and female. am i supposed to have any or not?

* during the instalation i did not change any folders or anything.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The morphs that come with Genesis 2 will display in the Parameters pane with Genesis 2 selected. Make sure that you have the whole body selected, it should say 'Genesis 2 Female' (or Male) at the top of the Parameters pane.

If you look in your My Account area under Product Library, you will see a list of what comes free with DAZ Studio.

There is a file called Genesis Starter Essentials, and another one for Genesis 2 (male and female) and a few other things. V4 is not free and does not come supplied with DS.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

Morphs that make people skinny, fat and so on are not part of Genesis 2 starter essentials. They are available in DAZ Store as Genesis 2 Male/Female Head/Body Morphs (or bundles).

• niko-2401984niko-2401984 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank you for helping me!

here is a screenshot of what i have installed now. but i still don't have the Universal morphs tab for Genesis 2... :(

parameters.JPG
    785 x 672 - 88K
    installed.JPG
    728 x 613 - 83K
    edited December 1969

Morphs that make people skinny, fat and so on are not part of Genesis 2 starter essentials. They are available in DAZ Store as Genesis 2 Male/Female Head/Body Morphs (or bundles).

oh, thank you! sorry i just saw your post :/

edited December 1969

I see you have installed Genesis (1). G1 Starter Essentials have some universal morphs like heavy, thin, bodybuilder etc.

edited December 1969

I see you have installed Genesis (1). G1 Starter Essentials have some universal morphs like heavy, thin, bodybuilder etc.

yes, i found those for Genesis (1), thank you!

but i think i messed up something else because i get an error with the instalation path, when i try to instal content made by other users.. i get a message that there is missing content that the new content depends on.

at the moment i have that many DAZ folders on my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D

C:\Users\morkof\Documents\DAZ 3D

where should i instal new stuff?

edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, go to Edit - Preferences. In preferences menu click Content Library - Content Directory Manager. In content directory manager click on little triangles in front of DAZ Studio / Poser Formats to expand them. Paths listed is location for your additional content. Or in different words, DAZ Studio "looks" for content at listed locations.

But, if you are adding content manually it is likely that not all folders contained in .zips go into your main folder for additional content (for example "C:\Users\morkof\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library"). So you may wish to go to location listed in directory manager to see what folders are inside your main content folder (like "My Library"), to see its setup.

So, for example, if .zip you are installing haves folder called "content", that folder itself does not go into your My Library. Instead, folders that are inside "content" folder go to your My library. Or if .zip haves folders "V4 T-shirt/Runtime/...", just Runtime and whats inside it goes to your My library.

edited December 1969

hmm... under Content Directory Manager this folder was already listed (one of them):

C:\Users\morkof\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

but i don't even have such "my Library" folder on my computer there. all i have is

C:\Users\morkof\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio

should i delete the first and add this one?

i am installing from .exe files and not sure what folders are in them. a couple installed ok here C:\Users\morkof\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio, but a couple say that they need to know where i Genesis was installed. how can i find out where that is?

cpntent1.JPG
    415 x 197 - 23K
    edited December 2013

Its ok that you have more that one location listed. DS 4.0 introduced "My Library" as default folder for content. DIM (daz install manager) has different one as default content install location (My DAZ 3D Library). As far as I know, if you installed DS for the first time it haves both locations listed in content directory manager. Since you used DIM to install starter essentials they are likely in My DAZ 3D Library.

You can go to content library tab in DS and find your genesis and genesis 2 (default is DAZ Studio Formats, under People) male/female and click with right mouse button on the genesis folders or icons and from menu pick Browse to folder or file location... and window will open with folder/file location.

Post edited by ben98120000 on
    edited December 1969

alright, i think i got it now! i found Geneses (C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library) and i will be installing everything new there. thank you so much again!