Cicada!!!!

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Cicada by The AntFarm..... so are these going to pop up every 7 years? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cicada/

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735
    edited December 1969

I remember them when I was a kid. I remember finding at least one of them dead on the ground. I also remembered hearing them in the summer.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMGosh, I love it! LoL Boy, they bring back memories.

This last time, my S.O. and I were standing under some trees eating ice cream cones at a picnic table . . . listening and watching them interact. The sun began to set, and I suddenly noticed gleaming streaks falling to the ground. :gulp:
    PTOOO!!! PT-PT-PTOOEY!!! We don't even want to think about what we were eating. :P :-/

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I honestly don't remember the last time I saw one.. Till one of my great hunters brought one in the house tonight. I am sure all the cats were pretty thrilled with the "toy". It was huge too. Big as my thumb.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816
    edited December 1969

get these in my backyard all the time.. noisy buggers!

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

First product in months that's got me excited.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Cicada by The AntFarm..... so are these going to pop up every 7 years? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cicada/

Probably ;-) and they'll make a big noise about it too.

Every summer they do their best to deafen me, so I thought I should have at least one at my mercy in my runtime. :coolgrin:

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Living with the sound of these small grey insects in New Zealand for a number of years, summers in the UK seem so quite.

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

I'm in San Diego at the comic con and there are no bugs at all it's nice but creepy too. Glad you like the bug.

• WilburPostWilburPost Posts: 43
    edited August 2012

I purchased the beautiful cicada, but I have 2 notes:

1) The Pose presets don't appear to affect the wings (DAZ Studio Pro 4.0 64bit). The leg positions respond, but not the wings. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2) The morphology of the cicada model appears to not resemble an emerged cicada, rather with the thicker and more robust forelimbs it better resembles a cicada nymph; was an abandoned nymph exoskeleton used as the model maybe? There are differences between the nymph and adult, especially in regard to the legs.

Any chance we could get a variation/morph pose that better resembles an emerged adult cicada? I really love everything else about it!

Thanks!

Walt

Post edited by WilburPost on
  • AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

There should be presets for the wings in that folder as well so you can match up the textures there are also Material settings for poser and they are in that folder as well. As to the exactness of this guy yes I just did my take on the bug and I have always favored the Larva state as the more menacing one. As for morphs if anyone want to whip one up it's cool with me. If I have a desert island moment I could do it but time is a crushing wave these days.
    I hope this helps.

• WilburPostWilburPost Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the prompt reply! I'll take a look for those wings presets.

Walt :-)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i'm going to wait for the crushing waves of time model from The AntFarm

edited December 1969

On a side note, I just watched Son of Frankenstein, the opening shot in that movie sooooo made me think of the Never series is isn't funny. So much of the architecture in that film, all of the original Frankenstein films really, look so much like the Neververse.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Coincidentally have Son of Frankenstein marked to watch. ,_[o-0]_, Thx for the h.u. to compare.
    (I love observing that stuff.) I'm still tickled the "IT" girl looks goth.

Got the cicada, btw. I only have DS, though, so I'm toying with it. lol

edited December 1969

I just got the Legacy Collection the other day, it has Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein

There are scenes in each of the films with a "Never" look to them, but i'd say Son of Frankenstein has it the most