Photo Fantasy Art

gilo2207gilo2207 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here just joined. I am interested in personalized children photo manipulation fantasy photo art where people send their jpg photos wearing normal clothing I then replace them with digital fairy dresses and elf costumes etc before I purchase DAZ can someone please tell me if DAZ is the software for me I can create children fairy dresses, elf costumes etc.

any reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Helen

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

gilo2207 said:
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new here just joined. I am interested in personalized children photo manipulation fantasy photo art where people send their jpg photos wearing normal clothing I then replace them with digital fairy dresses and elf costumes etc before I purchase DAZ can someone please tell me if DAZ is the software for me I can create children fairy dresses, elf costumes etc.

any reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Helen

yes you could do what you want in DazStudio ( and its free )
    now the costumes are not .

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello Helen

DAZ Studio is used to manipulate 3D models, pose them, dress them, apply hair of different styles etc., and then it can produce a rendered 2D image of whatever is in your scene.

If you are working from a 2D photograph of a person, then you would be much better off using Photoshop or Gimp or similar to manipulate the images, but I am sure you have these already?

There are loads of fantasy items available in the store here for using inside DAZ Studio, like elf costumes, fairy dresses, and even morphs for pointy ears for some of the characters available too. You could use these on their own, or applied to a model like Genesis, and pose them in the way that you want them to appear in your finished image. You would then create a 2D render of your clothing, and you could use that in Photoshop or similar as a new layer.

DAZ Studio does not have the ability to turn 2D images into 3D models if that is what you were thinking, but it could still be a useful part of your workflow?

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2012

gilo2207 said:
    . . . I am interested in personalized children photo manipulation fantasy photo art where people send their jpg photos wearing normal clothing I then replace them with digital fairy dresses and elf costumes etc before I purchase DAZ can someone please tell me if DAZ is the software for me I can create children fairy dresses, elf costumes etc . . .

DAZ Studio is used to manipulate 3D models, pose them, dress them, apply hair of different styles etc., and then it can produce a rendered 2D image of whatever is in your scene . . .
    Ditto'ng pretty much what Jimmy said -- there's plenty of 3D content intended to be used in DAZStudio (and Poser, the setups are mostly compatible) for free or available for purchase. All 3D content bought in the DAZ store (and most others) can be used in commercial renders (which means {IANAL/TINLA} that it'll be perfectly legal for you to sell the photo-manips you make with them). Sounds cute!

If you want to make your own fantasy clothing (rather than purchasing what's available for DAZStudio) that's doable but a lot more involved. Keep in mind that just changing out the textures (the fabrics/colors) of 3D clothing is relatively easy, so your 3D content investment can go a long way! DAZStudioPro is currently free, so I'm one of the people recommending that you try it out and see if you like it -- it comes with a bunch of lessons that pop up when you start it, so it's pretty easy to learn the basics.

From what you've said above I'm not sure how familiar you are with 2D apps like GIMP (or PhotoShop if you'd rather spend bocu bucks), but once you've used DAZStudio to render your 3D scene (including the appropriately-dressed child-figure) to a 2D picture you can put both that and the kid's picture in as different layers and then make a transparency mask so the kid's face shows in your render (that's one way to do it, there are others).

Once you give us a better idea of what you're trying to do we'll be able to advise you better, but the short answer to your question seems to be:
    YES! Yes, DAZStudio will be an excellent tool for accomplishing your goals. Welcome! :coolsmile:
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I guess you want to do something like this (not a very good image, sorry)

sisters.jpg
    600 x 600 - 432K
  • gilo2207gilo2207 Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

chohole said:
    I guess you want to do something like this (not a very good image, sorry)

Yes thank you for your reply it's very similar to what I am looking for. The wings are great and exactly want I am looking for.

helen :)

Post edited by gilo2207 on
  • gilo2207gilo2207 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for your replies much appreciated and very helpful. I have Photoshop CS5-1 and CS6 also have Adobe Illustrator CS5. I have just download Daz Studio and shall check out some tutorials. I am very new to DAZ so it will be a while before I post any of my art work. I have check out clothes and accessories in the shop department sorry to ask silly question would I be able to purchase just the elf and fairy clothes on there own I don't want the characters with the clothes?

Many thanks

Helen :)

edited December 1969

It is possible to actually start experimenting using "Freebie" clothes items, etc. Over in the Freepository we have a thread called "Compilation of Links to Freebies" and also another list which is "List of Freebie Websites" both of which are sticky threads at the top of the forum. We also have a "General Freebie Request thread" where you can ask for help locating specific items which may be available fro free,

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It is possible to actually start experimenting using "Freebie" clothes items, etc. Over in the Freepository we have a thread called "Compilation of Links to Freebies" and also another list which is "List of Freebie Websites" both of which are sticky threads at the top of the forum. We also have a "General Freebie Request thread" where you can ask for help locating specific items which may be available fro free,

A couple things to be careful of with freebies, however -- the first is to read the license carefully, because many freebies do not allow commercial renders (the reasons why this is frequently necessary with freebies is deeper than I can go into right now, but by contrast almost all purchasable 3D content intended to be used in DAZStudio [or Poser] allows commercial use like what you'll be doing, check the products' EULAs for details).

The other is content management -- you'll notice from DAZStudio's included tutorials the Smart Content tab, which was deliberately designed to make finding and using your installed 3D content especially easy, but which requires specific additional metadata in order to work. Many freebies don't include this metadata, requiring knowledge of the legacy structure of the Content Libraries to use them -- this can be pretty harrowing to newbies! So ask here in the forums if you have trouble, there's always several people happy to help.

(chohole, cute pic!)
    edited December 1969

Thanks Beth. It's my Son's stepdaughter and youngest daughter, who at the time I did it both loved fairies.