missing Stonemason and Fireangle

myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 564
edited December 1969 in The Commons

like it says in the title, has anyone seen anything of these two since the Daz site was (cough cough) updated/improved.
I know before the FU they were working on stuff but have seen anything since. are they still about? have the moved store?
are they OK?

Comments

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

The Stonemason Facebook page recently uploaded some images for a WIP City Ruins. Beyond that, I have no idea, sorry.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...FireAngel does have a thread here unfortunately you have to manually hunt for it as there is no search function yet.

I hope Stefan returns to the forums as I have blocked FB and other social networks for security reasons.

• Tyger PurrTyger Purr Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Stonemason posted previews to his Facebook July 4th.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

Stonemason has been on the forums but has not said anything as of yet.

stonemason20120708.jpg
    1014 x 155 - 31K
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fire Angel has a thread in the Commercial Forum about the Stormbringer product thats currently in beta testing.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...FireAngel does have a thread here unfortunately you have to manually hunt for it as there is no search function yet.

I hope Stefan returns to the forums as I have blocked FB and other social networks for security reasons.

There is a search function - In the top right hand corner is a box you type into that and click on the magnify glass. If you want the advanced search click on the little arrow beside the box and it will highlight the advanced search.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I think there was another earthquake in New Zealand recently. I was worried about Stonemason when I heard about it, but if he posted to Facebook last week, I guess he's fine.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I think there was another earthquake in New Zealand recently. I was worried about Stonemason when I heard about it, but if he posted to Facebook last week, I guess he's fine.

Geeze, does that make number 3? I remember a second one, but not within the past several months. The first one was right near where he lives. Not sure of the location of number 2 (or number 3 if there was indeed 3).
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Looks like the quake was just two days ago. I thought it was earlier in the week.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2012/07/07/3124s710780.htm

edited December 1969

Looks like the quake was just two days ago. I thought it was earlier in the week.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2012/07/07/3124s710780.htm

...wonderful, our company's receptionist if from Christchurch and she just flew down for a family visit.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

There is a search function - In the top right hand corner is a box you type into that and click on the magnify glass. If you want the advanced search click on the little arrow beside the box and it will highlight the advanced search.
    ...well it appears as if the search function is still a WIP.

Using the basic search, it only found this thread and one about UV mapping which made reference to comments by FireAngel.

The Advanced Search kept returning the following errors when I entered any member's name (even my own).

Your search did not return any results.

...or

The name you submitted is similar to the name of more than one user. Please refine your criteria.

The two filters below do nothing to help.

This still needs a lot more work to make it useful.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you are looking for a member, then the Member List is your friend. Click the profile button beneath your username on the left. In the breadcrumbs at the top you will see it says "Member List" and then type the memeber name in the search field at the bottom. Once you have found the member you can then click to see all posts by this member.

edited December 1969

...again that is why the new software is so "clunky" This needs to be integrated into the forum search like it was in the old forums.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Has anyone noticed that every time Stefan announces that he's working on a new 'ruins' set, there's another earthquake in New Zealand?

I am beginning to suspect that there may be a connection.

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Perhaps that's how he gets examples of ruins to model?

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Torby said:
    Perhaps that's how he gets examples of ruins to model?

Exactly. My suspicion is that all Stefan's work is modeled "from life", so to speak.

Which means that not only is he somehow triggering earthquakes to provide him with the necessary subjects, but he may also be in possession of a working time machine.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.