Newbie Question on Using Supersuit

info a383info a383 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I have installed the super suit, but having trouble on how to use it. The interface is kind'a wonky here. I note that it isn't in the usually tabs where the other freebie content is that came with the program. Okay...fair enough. I discovered the Content Library tab and have had some luck in locating the basic suit and got it applied to my character. I can't find any settings on changing the suit's color or material? I'm new to Daz and so far it seems a great program with a frustrating interface. Any tips for a newbie out there?

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

In Smart Content, you should be able to find the Supersuit under Wardrobe>Full Body. If it's not there, you may need to do the following:

1. Click on the Content Library tab
    2. Click on the button that has a little triangle and four lines, that brings up a menu
    3. Select "Content DB Maintenance"
    4. Click "Re-Import Metadata."

Alternately, you can find it in the Content Library, under DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>People>Genesis>Clothing>Supersuit. Should be right there next to the Basic Suit. If you're still not finding it, then I'm not sure what is wrong...you might have to reinstall it, or even re-download and reinstall.

To customize the Basic Suit, you may need to delve into the Surfaces tab. As far as I can tell, there aren't presets for it (as there are for the Supersuit). Haven't played much with the Basic Suit yet, myself.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2012

@info

if you can not find anything on smart contents tab, check Contents Management Service run or not.
    shut down ds4, your pc windos start icon>all aprications>DAZ 3D>DAZ contents Management Service,
    stop the CMS> start the CMS > restart ds4.

then check your smart contents tab.

I think if you did not check preset> shader>supersuit, on surface tab.

(I do not know you know yet or not , but , it is great fun for me tweak basicsuit surface groups,,
    and it is so easy, change surface section by this products shader sets)

you can apply many surface group of basicsuit with many shader sets,, it is like a magic,,,
    (see my test render for how look each shader)

1 select the part of surface (basic suits) by surface selection tool.

2 then, preset>shader>supersuit , choose anything you want to apply the surface parts(group) of basic suits.
    (if you want you can change genesis face skin, by shader, you can do it, too,,)

before I thought I do not have interesting in "super man or woman like costume".
    but I perefectly misunderstand this products, and I find why other customers excited about superman suit,
    this products is so great., so cool and so kind for beginner like me.

I just bought basic supersuits only.

I can learn many things about surface and material, by basicsuitts, and I can apply new surface group (by ds4)
    and apply this shader sets, if I want,,

incredeable great products,, I think,,

basictry.jpg
    687 x 628 - 67K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

info said:
    So I have installed the super suit, but having trouble on how to use it. The interface is kind'a wonky here. I note that it isn't in the usually tabs where the other freebie content is that came with the program. Okay...fair enough. I discovered the Content Library tab and have had some luck in locating the basic suit and got it applied to my character. I can't find any settings on changing the suit's color or material? I'm new to Daz and so far it seems a great program with a frustrating interface. Any tips for a newbie out there?

There are two suits coming with the supersuit - a basic suit, for which there aren't many presets/colors and a Supersuit. The supersuit is the one you want, I think.

Wilmap made some textures for the basic suit to change it into Tights:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63382/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Tights-Textures-for-Genesis-Supersuit

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,614
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips. I think the program will be great...if I can get it work. Doesn't help that there is no heavy-duty documentation for either Daz Studio, or for the super suit that I downloaded. Very much a trial and error sort of thing. For instance. I can find some things in Smart Content and other things in Content Library. It's a bit confusing having things labeled both characters and figures. I can locate presets for the super suit in Content Library, but double-clicking on them does not load them. Nor does right-clock "load". So there is a lot of trial and error here. I have yet to figure out how to apply some of the material textures to the suit. I have found the tap with a variety of parameter settings and loaded in some of the shader images that were included with super suit, but they only cover parts of the character. I'm hoping to eventually open a preset and reverse-engineer how they were created.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To load the presets you need the Suit selected in the Scene Tab. To use a Shader on just one part do this. Select the Suit in the Scene Tab then open the Surfaces Tab. Select the section you wish to add the Shader/Material to then click on the Shader icon.

edited December 1969

The presets don't seem to load even when I have the suit selected, but I'll gig it another try. I was applying the shaders to the full basic suit and perhaps that is spreading the texture too thin. I'll try applying one part at a time.

edited December 1969

Remember the Preset's are only for the SUPERSUIT they do not work on the Basic suit. The Shaders will work on any item. Even your other content if applied properly.

edited December 1969

Yes, got that. Thanks. I'm getting the hang of the super suit...learning how to apply preset shapes, then color them and apply a material texture. There's a lot of fine tuning that merits a detailed manual. Some things I haven't found a way to adjust:
    --while the Genesis figure has plenty of volume adjustments, I can't fine any that make a character taller or give it longer arms.
    --Their are nice placement controllers for eyes, mouth, and nose, but the male face still looks pretty feminine with those big lips and eyes. Maybe I have to buy a different character set to control those things.
    --Same with the hair. There's only so much you can do with the Duke or Wildmane hair. I also am assuming some hair detail doesn't appear until the image is rendered.

Still, good progress considering I just learned of the software two days ago.

edited July 2012

You are correct, the extra shaping morphs are sold as packs for Genesis. You will find many sets for sell here at Daz. The great part is 99% of all of them will also work with ALL Genesis clothing. Want a monster in the Supersuit, you can do it. I love genesis and what it can do.

And your hair Should look better after the render, but yes you might wish to check for more Genesis hair also.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

dkutzera said:
    Yes, got that. Thanks. I'm getting the hang of the super suit...learning how to apply preset shapes, then color them and apply a material texture. There's a lot of fine tuning that merits a detailed manual. Some things I haven't found a way to adjust:
    --while the Genesis figure has plenty of volume adjustments, I can't fine any that make a character taller or give it longer arms.
    --Their are nice placement controllers for eyes, mouth, and nose, but the male face still looks pretty feminine with those big lips and eyes. Maybe I have to buy a different character set to control those things.
    --Same with the hair. There's only so much you can do with the Duke or Wildmane hair. I also am assuming some hair detail doesn't appear until the image is rendered.

Still, good progress considering I just learned of the software two days ago.

If you can, you should pick up the latest issue (#43) of 3D Artist Magazine, which comes with Michael 5 and Victoria 5, and they're arguably the best Genesis characters out there. Aside from that, in my opinion, the #1 thing you should consider buying is the Genesis Starter Bundle, as it includes the Evolutions head and body morphs, which will greatly increase the degree to which you can customize characters.
    https://www.imagineshop.co.uk/magazines/3dartist/3d-artist-issue-43.html
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-starter-bundle/

If you join the Platinum Club, you can pick up a bunch of hair, clothing, and other things for $1.99 each.

Even without those things, you should be able to adjust things like height (scale)..and even the scale of individual body parts, I believe. You'll need to look in the Parameters tab for that. This tutorial may be useful: http://greywulf.net/2012/01/fun-with-genesis-base/

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips. Great tutorial at Greywulf. Turning off parameters is a great solution. Still haven't found a way to adjust height...all my superheroes look like they're 5'10". and it would be nice to have a "ripped" button to really increase muscle definition so I can get six-pack abs. I will definitely hunt down that magazine.

edited December 1969

This is a great set for the RIPPED look. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-muscularity/