Editing .pz2 pose

KillebrewKillebrew Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Got a queshion' about editing the pose file.

I've made a pose for M4, saved it, and when I apply the pose it resets M4 to the default center position (0X,0Y0,0Z) on the axis.

The pose applies just fine, but if I've moved M4 20 feet off the screen and apply the pose, he'll snap back to the 0,0,0 axis position.

I'm using Wordpad++ to edit, so the layout of the pz2 file is easy to understand. Does anyone know which lines I need to edit to make the pose apply to M4 without moving him along any of the dimensional axis'?

Every pose I've ever bought just adds the pose wihtout moving him back to center screen, so I'm figuring this is a pretty basic thing that everyone does when making poses. I haven't figured out the secret yet!

Appreciate it.

-RAK

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

You need to remove the settings for the Body, assuming you use that to move (it's good practice to position the figure in the scene using the Body, and to use the hip only to adjust height off the ground, facing, and any offset needed for a multi-figure pose; placement poses, on the other hand, should adjust the Body and not the hip).

• KillebrewKillebrew Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard!
    I'll go give it a try here in a minute. I was afraid that if I tinkered with the body numbers it would tinker with the pose.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard!
    I'll go give it a try here in a minute. I was afraid that if I tinkered with the body numbers it would tinker with the pose.

I do it like Richard wrote but another tip. Lock everything you do not want to change on your figure. for example I like the eyes of my v4 character Dixie a bit squint everytime so I have valued the squint morph for eyes and locked it :) so I can inject expressions for v4 face but the squint is always the same :) that also works well for transforms :)