ERROR in RIGGING clothing for a figure buit on genesis

madmadmad2040madmadmad2040 Posts: 44
edited October 2013 in The Commons

I HAVE A hefty male figure which i built on genesis in dazstudio itself. i made the clothing in zbrush its more like a knee length pant like thing.
i have the obj of the clothing perfectly fitting to the figure i made in zero pose . i used transfer utility many times but after the transfer the clothing gets a weird shape. i generally do such a process directly with genesis and every-thing works well, but not with the figures built on genesis by using various morphs. i dont' know what am i doing incorrectly. please any one post a step by step tutorial starting with a genesis based figure loaded in zero pose and an obj imported which fits perfectly on it.

Post edited by madmadmad2040 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,868
    edited December 1969

By default DS expects the clothing to fit the zeroed figure (no morphs) and then applies any figure morphs to the clothing, which in your case is doubling the effect. To get round this, set your Transfer Utility up as usual, then for Source Shape set it to Morph and pick the morph you used, or if the figure uses multiple morphs set it to Current, then click the Show Options button and check the box for Reverse Source Shape from Target.

• madmadmad2040madmadmad2040 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

By default DS expects the clothing to fit the zeroed figure (no morphs) and then applies any figure morphs to the clothing, which in your case is doubling the effect. To get round this, set your Transfer Utility up as usual, then for Source Shape set it to Morph and pick the morph you used, or if the figure uses multiple morphs set it to Current, then click the Show Options button and check the box for Reverse Source Shape from Target.

thank you so much brother,
    there is some thing i want to know,can we exclude some parts or polygons from being rigged,as i have a piece of cloth some thing like a sash but between the legs i want them to be like a follower type asset and not included in the rig , i can separate them totally but want it to be one piece of attire.any ideas please

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,868
    edited December 1969

there is some thing i want to know,can we exclude some parts or polygons from being rigged,as i have a piece of cloth some thing like a sash but between the legs i want them to be like a follower type asset and not included in the rig , i can separate them totally but want it to be one piece of attire.any ideas please

No, though Sickle Yield and Bobbie25 have helpers that can be used as sources instead of the base figure and which are set up fro skirts or loincloths. But if those aren't suitable you need to add new bones and rework the polygon groups and weight maps after using the Transfer Utility - bones are added, and their centres adjusted, with the Joint editor tool, then the Polygon Group Editor and Weight Map brush are used to set up groups and add weight maps - for a loin cloth you'd want a series of bones going from the hip, or possible the pelvis, down to the end, with the mesh split into a series of groups one per bone and the weights a gentle gradient from 0 about the top of the group to 1 about the bottom.

• madmadmad2040madmadmad2040 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

No, though Sickle Yield and Bobbie25 have helpers that can be used as sources instead of the base figure and which are set up fro skirts or loincloths. But if those aren't suitable you need to add new bones and rework the polygon groups and weight maps after using the Transfer Utility - bones are added, and their centres adjusted, with the Joint editor tool, then the Polygon Group Editor and Weight Map brush are used to set up groups and add weight maps - for a loin cloth you'd want a series of bones going from the hip, or possible the pelvis, down to the end, with the mesh split into a series of groups one per bone and the weights a gentle gradient from 0 about the top of the group to 1 about the bottom.

thank you so much for the prompt and kind reply,
    ill try that and see.