Need Help with G-Suit. SOLVED

JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
edited May 2012 in New Users

I'm not a experanced DS4P user so I'm having loads of trouble with this item G-Suit. For some reason I can not understand, even when I use Smoothing (I might need tips on this option) and add the Thickness setting for the suit it will look fine in my veiwport but it still renders with poke through. I really would like to get this working. Thank you for any info or tips you might have.

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

I don't have it as I figured autofitting one of the Gen4 characters bodysuits would be the same.
    but maybe there is something in the displacement channel. :idea: doing it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Are you using a character material set with displacement?

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

can you show us what you see when you render.

I have only use this suit a couple of time the quick fixes would be to hide the effected body parts if posable. or check the body displacement setting as suggested by Richard and turn them down

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will check for displacment in the genesis I dialed, it is a mix so it very well could have displacement. I will check that and if It still has issues I'll post a before and after shot for you guys.

Thanks you three, your always there for me.

edited December 1969

Stupid Question number 2. What are the best settings for the smooth modifer? I seem to have lost my link to the old thread when I moved to this PC.

edited December 1969

I've been playing and found my problem after I read all the info. I was using unsupported figures in my genesis. That bites, I know the SuperSuit works on all figures but that is not gonna happen for me anytime soon. :-S
    Well, I'm off to design a new character with the supported figures. Thanks for getting me into it deep enough to find the error of my ways.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

as I said, I did not buy it but would not anything Genesis conform to any figure morph Genesis took?
    all my GenX morphs inc the creature creator ones and Shrek, Schmoes etc fit into any Genesis clothing and most autofitted stuff too.
    some things like gianormous boobs need smoothing or invisibility for animation.
    feet nearly always need to be invisible too for socks/boots.

edited December 1969

The G-Suit was made FOR certian Genesis morphs. The Tutorial Link that I had to fix to get to connect for me was very good info. If it was updated to work 100% on the full Genesis I would really like it. It looks like it was designed for Human Hero shapes in mind and had those morphs built into it just for that purpose. V4 M4 ect... It does well on V5 but M5 was not out and is not working well with it. Lots of pokethru if I dial M5 into the mix. I will look into getting the Supersuit after all my monthly bills get paid and I get some other stuff, like Food and clothes. Don't think I can swing it this month.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I've been playing and found my problem after I read all the info. I was using unsupported figures in my genesis. That bites, I know the SuperSuit works on all figures but that is not gonna happen for me anytime soon. :-S

Hm, like wendy♥catz mentioned, poke-through should not happen, even with unsupported figures. Especially when you have the smoothing modifier turned on.
    It`s turned off by preset on the G-Suit, so make sure you don`t only add a value for the iterations but also use the on/off switch.

My PC is busy with rendering right now, but I`ll take a look at the M5 & G-Suit combi tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Jaderail said:

Hm, like wendy♥catz mentioned, poke-through should not happen, even with unsupported figures. Especially when you have the smoothing modifier turned on.
    It`s turned off by preset on the G-Suit, so make sure you don`t only add a value for the iterations but also use the on/off switch.

My PC is busy with rendering right now, but I`ll take a look at the M5 & G-Suit combi tomorrow.
    Don't bother, my problem was RAM. I had changed textures so much my free RAM was way low. It works fine if I fit it after all morphs and before I start playing with shaders. :red:

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Ah, glad to hear that ;)