Fitting Genesis clothing

TarakTarak Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've just started mucking around with V4 - Genesis , female, applied some bodybuilder, then clothed the character - the cloths don't fit unless I remove the body builder - I thought they automatically did - or have I missed something obvious?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where did you get the BodyBuilder morph from? Are you using clothing designed for Genesis or for V4 via AutoFit?

Are you using a freshly loaded Genesis to apply the V4 morph and BodyBuilder, then applying the clothing all in one session, or are you saving Genesis first before applying the clothing?

• TarakTarak Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OK - I'm using only what was downloaded as part of the free V4 Pro package - so I presume everything is Genesis. I have not saved anything and/or downloaded an extra plug-ins or other items.

Thanks for your response.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

V4 is not Genesis. There is a morph for Genesis that makes Genesis look like V4. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis/

Do you have a link to the free V4 pro package you are using.

edited December 1969

As scorpio64dragon says, Victoria 4 is the generation before Genesis. If you are only using the V4 figure that came with the V4 Pro bundle, then the BodyBuilder morph would need to be built into the clothing to work out of the box. In DS3 there was an option to use Morph Follower which will tranfer morphs from the figure to the clothing for you. A similar method is available in DS4 and is called Transfer Active Motphs, which should put the BodyBuilder morph into the clothing you are trying to apply.

Genesis is the latest generation of figures (Generation 5), and can be motphed into almost any shape. The clothing automatically adjusts to fit the Genesis morph in most cases. The V4 shape that scorpio64dragon has given a link to is just that, a shape that makes Genesis look like V4, but it is still a Genesis morph, and not a stand-alone figure like V4.

edited December 1969

OK I think I am confusing people here by using the wrong terminology - by V4, I mean Daz4 Pro (Version 4.0.3.47 Pro Edition (32 bit) - which has Auto Fit plugin as part of the package. As I say I think it is something obvious - staring me in the face. I'll chase up the 'Transfer Active Motphs' to see if I'm missing something. Thanks for the feedback.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Okay, you are using DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47, you dial in Basic Female and Bodybuilder to Genesis. What is the clothing item you are having trouble fitting?

edited December 1969

jacket and shorts mainly

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What is the exact product? If you right-click on the clothing and choose "Fit to..." is it fit to Genesis or None?

edited December 1969

I'm not in DAZ at present, but I think you may have hit it on the head - I said it might be something obvious - let you know if it don't work - thanks for your patience everyone

edited December 1969

Tarak said:
    OK I think I am confusing people here by using the wrong terminology - by V4, I mean Daz4 Pro (Version 4.0.3.47 Pro Edition (32 bit) - which has Auto Fit plugin as part of the package. As I say I think it is something obvious - staring me in the face. I'll chase up the 'Transfer Active Motphs' to see if I'm missing something. Thanks for the feedback.

Just for future reference: If you say you are using V4, that is the shorthand for the Victoria 4 model, Michael 4 is known as M4 for obvious reasons, and the other figures have their own shorthand versions too. The software that you are using is called DAZ Studio 4, and it is usually shortened to DS4 or DS4P for the Pro version. The previous version was known as DS3 or DS3A for Advanced.

I hope you got your problems sorted out, but if not, you know where we are.