Rigged Clothing saved as .cr2 gives Warning: Vertex index for weight map out of range on line xxxx o

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I created some clothing for V4 as an .obj and loaded that into Daz.

I then converted V4 to TriaXweight mapping.

I then used the transfer utility to automatically rig the clothing which worked nicely.

I then saved this clothing as a .cr2 file so it is now in my library and I am able to share it with others if I want, this worked fine.

Now I have tried to repeat the process for more clothing I created in the same way but this time I get:

Warning: Vertex index for weight map out of range on line xxxx

When I try to load the .cr2 clothing back into the scene. Why did it work for some set of clothing I made but not for the second or third set?

Any ideas because I want to start making clothes for V4 but until I can work out how to export them this is a non-starter.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

CR2 is the wrong format fro TriAx figures for DS - you should be saving as a Figure asset - File>Save as>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited October 2013

That wont be of much use Richard, I've posted a few times now that people should never convert V4 to TriAx, not unless they fancy the job of replacing the crap Weight Maps the conversion creates, otherwise your content is going to bend just as badly as she does, and that's before you get to the headache of having to rebuild so many broken morphs.

@ kapynvne, V4 is an older Poser figure, therefore you need to make your content for her using Parametric rigging, which means you need to learn how to use the Figure Setup tab in DS4, rather than trying to take a shortcut with the TU, as that just leaves you with a bigger headache than you started with.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • edited December 1969

I just want a quick way to transfer my rigging from V4 to the clothes. The clothes object doesn't have surface groups because I modeled it as a single mesh. I was quite happy with the Transfer Utilities ability to transfer the rig from the weight mapped V4 to the clothes.

I'm disappointed this doesn't appear to load properly after saving to cr2.

I've been using V4 for years and I don't like the low poly mesh of Genesis. I'd prefer to continue using and making clothes for V4.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Why are you trying to export as .cr2 instead of saving as .duf?

• edited December 1969

I want to share my clothes with other people who use poser.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

But they wouldn't work on a non-weightmapped V4. I think using .duf with Poser Companion Files would work better.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

Save as .duf file (Figure asset) for DS users and as a CR2, if that's working, for Poser 9+ users.