problem with genesis 2, missing dsf file.

edited December 1969 in New Users

I've uninstalled Daz, then reinstalled everything with the DLM. Started the Content Management Service. But only part of Genesis 2 seems to have installed. Some of the files are there, but the .dsf is missing. Tried re-downloading it using the dlm again, same results. Any ideas?

I get an error message saying "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf" is missing.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Have you checked in your installation location /data/ folder if the file is actually there, or D|S only thinks it isn't? Also, are you sure D|S and DIM are agreeing on where to install things? The two programs don't talk to each other, and by default DIM does not install content to the same location as D|S by default looks for it. Yes, that is as accident-prone as it sounds.

Can you post screenshots of your DIM installation location and D|S Directory Manager settings? They should be preserved from your previous installation (unless you know how to do a clean sweep of the hidden files), but sometimes Weird Stuff™ happens.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If your missing the Start up scene you need to change that in Preferences>StartUp so it points to the Genesis.duf
    Here is mine pointing to my DIM content folder.

Capture-001.png
    426 x 186 - 22K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Jaderail said:
    If your missing the Start up scene you need to change that in Preferences>StartUp so it points to the Genesis.duf
    Here is mine pointing to my DIM content folder.

Not trying to step on toes, but I'm not sure adding the startup scene for Genesis 1 would help with the /data files for G2F.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Miss read the post... ignore the goofy blue guy...

• edited December 1969

Have you checked in your installation location /data/ folder if the file is actually there, or D|S only thinks it isn't? Also, are you sure D|S and DIM are agreeing on where to install things? The two programs don't talk to each other, and by default DIM does not install content to the same location as D|S by default looks for it. Yes, that is as accident-prone as it sounds.

Can you post screenshots of your DIM installation location and D|S Directory Manager settings? They should be preserved from your previous installation (unless you know how to do a clean sweep of the hidden files), but sometimes Weird Stuff™ happens.

DS wasn't looking in the C drive where DLM was installing stuff. It was looking at the drive I had an old installation on. Seems I have to go in and specifically add each sub-directory (like "people" or "product X",) even though I've added the parent directory. But now I know how to add the directory for anything I can't find at least. Thanks!

edited December 1969

You never ADD sub-directories Just the TOP folder. But you add it as BOTH a Daz Studio Format folder and as Poser Format both.
    Like shown here.

Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

If adding your sub-directories are fixing your issue, you may have a nested runtime problem.