3DConnexion

Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
edited October 2012 in Bryce Discussion

Hi
I have just bought a 3DConnexion space navigator, is there a way I can mapp it to bryce and daz ?
Thanks for any help in advance.

(correction it works spot on in Daz)
I would just love for it to work in bryce

Post edited by Alpha01 on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,156
    edited December 1969

I have one, too, for quite a while. It can be used for Studio, but not for Bryce. We've requested that it will be supported by Bryce quite a while ago but without success.

• Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply Horo

Thats sad to hear, I wish it could be used as a manipulator in bryce ie...
    Reduce, increase spin and move objects, it would reduce the work time in bryce by half.

I have just had a quick spin with it in Daz, its an amazing bit of kit, I wish I got one years ago.
    Its like holding the object in your hand.

(big thumbs up for it)

edited December 1969

You're welcome. Yes, it's sad because the SDK to implement it is free.

• edited December 1969

Did you try the Beta 10 Driver? I use it and it works great in Daz Studio. I have not tried it in Bryce, but it has advanced controls and macros that allow you to map it to work in virtually any program. Here is the link where you can download the latest version.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/supported-software/3dxlabs/3dxlabsapp.html?tx_sugar3dxsoftware_pi1[app_id]=e657f516-d99e-f54c-e24d-51c875c0b7e4

edited December 1969

Thank you for your help. 3D Connection works since Studio 2.3.3.146, perhaps even earlier. I'm not aware that there is a driver for Bryce.

• edited December 1969

I'd be interested to know if the Beta Driver works in Bryce though, since 3DConnexion says it will work in almost any application with that driver.

edited December 1969

I wasn't able to locate that particular driver. It appears that it all depends on the mouse-type you have and what operating system. Having the driver built yourself for the application (i.e. DAZ 3D would have to write it for Bryce) would be best; as they did for DS (dz3dconnexion.dll).

• edited December 1969

If you go to 3DConnexion.com, however the mouse over "Supported Software." A sub-menu will pop up. In the sub-menu, all the way over to the right you will see an option that says 3DxLabs. Click on that and it will take you to the page with the driver. Of course, you would then choose the one specific for your operating system. It says that it should be compatible with the Space Navigator, although most of the 3D Devices that 3DConnexion currently has on the market will work with it. This beta device driver software is very powerful and allows you to map out your own configurations depending on the program. I would bet that you could get it working in Bryce with the proper configuration. There is also a lot of documentation and help for it in the 3DConnexion forums.

edited December 1969

Thank you. I found and downloaded it. We'll see whether is works. The software that came with it when I bought it works fine with Photoshop and DS.