I was under the impression that.... Logon issues..

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
edited July 2012 in The Commons

HEY DAZ...

What's with constantly having to log on? Still is just as much of a pita as it was over at the old site. I NEVER EVER have to log on at 'Rosity unless I change browsers. My information seems safe enough over there! What's the deal with this setting still in place that constantly asks folks to log on? What's worse is that there is a glitch that causes a member to have to sometimes have to log on more than one time for it to stick. This is NOT acceptable. :coolmad:

Post edited by RAMWolff on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

It really varies from person to person. I stay logged into the forums for days at a time and through reboots. As far as the store goes I seem to keep access to the fact that I am plat etc but need to relog in to see account stuff and make purchases. But that has always been true for me. I've also seen no rhyme or reason as to who gets logged out regularly and those of us who stay on. No single web browser seems to be magic though I seem to recall that chrome has a tougher time of it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Agree with what Khory has just said. Even among the FOrum team it is unpredictable and oesn't happen to all of us, and most of us use the same Browser.

• edited July 2012

It does suck. I have been trying to log into my account all day, but I cannot get in. Every time I enter my password it takes me to the main Daz page with nothing showing in my cart. Then when I try to access my account it takes me back to the log-in screen. I am stuck in a continuos loop where I cannot log in. But for some strange reason I appear to be logged in as far as the forums are concerned. Frustrating does not even begin to cover it. I have tried resetting my cache, deleting all cookies, removing browser history, but nothing is working.
    EDIT: I am now in, but it has taken me 6 attempts to add something to my cart ;( I hope daz get these things fixed soon.

Post edited by andysneath74_d70ffd124b on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Varies from person to person.... REALLY?? Doesn't just sound WRONG to you?? It sure does to me. This is NOT a good glitch and should be at the top of the "RESOLVE" list.

PS. I do clear my cache and all the other tricks that have been mentioned. I follow the rules apparently DAZ keeps tweaking things to the point where the rules change seemingly day to day at times. Not cool!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Varies from person to person.... REALLY?? Doesn't just sound WRONG to you?? It sure does to me. This is NOT a good glitch and should be at the top of the "RESOLVE" list.

PS. I do clear my cache and all the other tricks that have been mentioned. I follow the rules apparently DAZ keeps tweaking things to the point where the rules change seemingly day to day at times. Not cool!

It's like a llot of bugs, when you can work out the common denominator is, then it is easier to trace what is causing this. How can you trace a biug or glitch or whatever it is, when you have, for example, 2 people who live in the same country, use the same ISP, use the same Browser, with the same updates, and yet get different behaviour with the log out thing.
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    RAMWolff said:

It's like a llot of bugs, when you can work out the common denominator is, then it is easier to trace what is causing this. How can you trace a biug or glitch or whatever it is, when you have, for example, 2 people who live in the same country, use the same ISP, use the same Browser, with the same updates, and yet get different behaviour with the log out thing.

Maybe so, but it's been going on for the best part of three years now, and I'm totally sick of it. This is NOT a new bug unique to the new site. And no other site I visit regularly has the same issue.

I agree with RAMWolff. This should be a major priority. The best way to annoy customers (and for me to lose sales as a PA here) is to force them to log in the minute they arrive.

I wonder how many people don't bother nowadays. I know I only come here occasionally now. Used to be 3 times a day.

mac

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited July 2012

i have this problem also, it's quite frustrating, especially when trying to follow a thread. i get an e-bot, then have to leave my mail program, go to the daz site and log in and then go back to my email just so the thread link will work.
    not to mention the constant cache clearing,etc. -- i never know if any of that will make a difference - some days it does, some it doesn't.
    i find i don't bother to even lurk here as much as i used to...:down:

i see my smileys aren't working again either....

edited to fix spelling

Post edited by jade monkey on
    edited December 1969

smiley is not working because you didn't leave a space after your typing. It likes a little space. :coolsmirk:

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

really? weird, i didn't know that. but it was working for a while before, and i don't think i've typed differently. >:-(

hey, look at that, it worked - although, i'm not even sure what most of the smileys mean anymore, but guess i can't blame the site for that.

cheers for the info!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

The old forum inserted a space before the smiley code automatically, the new forum doesn't unfortunately.